About the job
As the first dedicated Technical Quality Analyst in our scaling start-up you’ll be instrumental in our success. You’ll be responsible for assuring the quality of the customer and user experience for our community engagement platform.
With millions of unique users and thousands of customer projects using the SaaS platform, we have numerous variations and user journeys to optimise for. Our engineers deploy code daily and need help ensuring that appropriate test coverage is in place.
Within the first six months, you will have:
- Worked with the product engineers to deliver automated test coverage across the platform
- Supported our Head of Technology in building a tech health dashboard
- Tuned our site reliability alerts and monitors so we can prioritise our incident responses appropriately
- Learned your way around the product and able to perform manual QA / exploratory testing across the platform
- Become fluent in our database structure, ready to run queries, scripts and migrations to configure and manage platform features
Agile working practices including Scrum and an MVP / Lean approach
- Planning and writing automated end-to-end / integration tests using Jest and Cypress
- Familiar with cloud-based platforms such as AWS, CI systems such as CircleCI and AWS CodePipeline
- Managing manual QA using Jira, staging environments and databases
- Exploratory testing using screen recording / optimisation tools such as Hotjar
- Writing queries, scripts and migrations, preferably in MongoDB
- Error management and identification via Sentry, Pingdom, Sqree
- Incident management, alert tuning and priority filtering via PagerDuty (or similar services)
- Highly analytical, confident with data and understanding complex user journeys
Skills and experience needed:
- Familiar with automated end-to-end and integration testing
- Confident in querying, scripting and migrating data
- Comfortable with manual quality checks and exploratory testing
- Responsible for tuning and consolidating the various alerts and monitors so that site reliability efforts are focused on the correct priorities
- Incident management through the lifecycle of an incident, including stakeholder management
- Experience with writing development tickets for product engineers to follow.
You’re comfortable being the only dedicated Quality Assurance Engineer in the team, devising testing strategies and guiding others toward best quality practices
- You’re happy switching between working independently or pairing with colleagues to define problems and identify solutions
- You’re consistently curious, able to process large volumes of information to make quick and commercially viable decisions
- You’re a natural communicator with collaboration at the heart of how you work, which means informing and making decisions as well as taking guidance from others
- You’re comfortable changing contexts frequently as priorities change based on platform performance and user priorities
- You’re conscious of time management, knowing when to say yes and when to say no, having an eye on priorities
Compensation and benefits:
- A competitive salary, with a company bonus potential and an equity component once you’ve settled in.
- Flexible holiday arrangements - we don’t limit how much you take.
- Flexible working hours - you are free to work the hours that suit your lifestyle, including working remotely and working-from-home.
- 20 days fully paid company sick leave.
- A tailored learning and development plan, and support for professional training
Our team is proud of our supportive and inclusive culture, and we are committed to making Commonplace welcoming to everyone who comes to work with us. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Collaborating to make better decisions, faster
- Accelerating growth in sales, customer value and community impact
- Acting with integrity to make fair decisions and be kind to each other
- Being brave in the way that we shape the future
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- Front End Web Developer at Rasa
- Project Manager Marketing - Growth Hacking at 7pace
- Coding Coach at Sigma Labs
- Front-end developer at Taylor/Thomas
- Senior Product Designer (Product Team Lead) at Helical Levity Ltd.
- Head of Marketing at Renude
- Team Lead at Butternut Box
- Front end/Full stack developer at Propeterra
- Full Stack Engineer at Applied
- Product Manager at Zappar