The App Business is looking for a talented Test Engineer to help us build and evolve our testing strategy and test team across an exciting range of projects. We hire passionate, dedicated testers who love to explore and question every step of the software development lifecycle in an open environment.
Our ideal Test Engineer believes testing is a collaborative activity, and gets involved with feature development from day one. They contribute to the quality, robustness and reliability of the products we create, and will have the confidence to say “we can’t ship that” if these things are compromised.
At the App Business, we believe nothing should impede you from doing your best work. So, we’ve structured the company around this principle in order to give individuals the autonomy to make decisions, to encourage experimentation and to think big.
If you want to learn and grow in a supportive environment whilst doing your best work then you are just what we’re looking for.
You will be:
- A technical expert in helping to deliver quality software.
- Involved in innovating and defining how the product you build will work and function.
- Learning and collaborating within agile teams.
- Focused on new ideas to improve the development process and to keep The App Business ahead of the competition.
- An avid champion of exploratory and context driven testing techniques.
You must have:
- Experience in questioning and championing from a Testing perspective.
- The ability to become a subject matter expert for a product.
- Excellent experience of Behavioural Development.
- Rigour in different testing techniques, test design and test strategies.
- Awareness of cross-device, compatibility issues and the challenges they pose to quality.
- Experience of working in an Agile team.
- The ability and drive to work outside of your comfort zone.
It's nice if you have:
- Experience with a UI automation framework.
- Experience with API and Database testing.
- Exposure to and understanding of mobile network architecture and networking principles.
- Experience using build and version control tools such Gradle and GIT.
- Exposure to the larger Testing community.
- A university degree at 2:1 or above.
About the App Business
Founded in 2009, The App Business runs fast and lean, creating awesome products and services for ambitious clients ready to rethink their business around mobile-enabled users. Based in the heart of London’s thriving King’s Cross, we work in an environment built to help us - and our clients - excel. We invest heavily in this vision, placing the support and development of our teams, as well as our culture, at the heart of everything we do.
As a company, we know it is important to acknowledge the effort our people put in - which is why we have a great range of benefits in place, which increase as people grow and develop within TAB. It is one of the many ways we ensure we say thank you, and has lead to us ranking as 'Outstanding' in the independent Best Companies Index.
If this sounds like the kind of place you want to work, apply now!
More like this
- Senior Mobile Developer - Android at DoctorLink
- Senior Mobile Developer - iOS at DoctorLink
- Senior Digital Designer at Wunderman
- Experienced front-end developer at Appraisd
- Back-end Junior Developer at AirDates
- Digital Design Lead at Wunderman
- React-Native Developer (FinTech w/ Stock Options) at Expend
- iOS Junior Developer at AirDates
- Customer Marketing Manager at Diviac
- Business Partner CTO/Developer at Mavro Media