About Social Vend
We have been creating interactive and rewarding social experiences through smart vending machines and interactive kiosks for the past 4 years. Our custom built machines are mostly used for short term events and long term installs to help advertisers and retailers better understand their audience. We have worked with some of the worlds largest brands including McDonalds, RedBull and Pepsi to name a few.
We are also releasing an operating system (vendOS - vendos.io) that allows easy configuration of the machine via a touchscreen alongside a cloud platform to deploy interfaces and view analitics.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about designing elegant user experiences. Although vending has been around for well over a century, on machine UI's are a fully novel problem to solve and require a lot of logic to design so you must enjoy and be excited about thinking around complex user scenarios! Past this there is also a more free flowing creative element to what we do when we design our clients interfaces and interactions, so being able to come up and collaborate on creative briefs is a must.
- Lead the design and evolution of our on machine technician UI - This is what our technicians use on a day to day basis to set the machine up and configure.
- Produce user flows, wireframes, prototype and Figma layouts etc. to a very high standard, with a test, fail-fast learn and iterate approach.
- Communicate and collaborate with Engineers to define and implement innovative solutions.
- Guide our clients through the process of designing for smart vending
- Proactively identify opportunities for improvement – both evolutionary and revolutionary – to enhance overall product usability, growth and user experience.
- Proven record as a product designer, user experience designer or similar design-related role, in a fast-growth consumer facing environment.
- Previous mobile app design experience.
- Design intuitive graphical interfaces for desktop, tablet and mobile devices.
- Effectively working in teams and managing both upwards and downwards.
Skills and Knowledge
- Competent with industry-standard software: Figma, Sketch, Adobe CC.
- Able to work with and deliver user journeys, page flows, wireframes, page comps and interactive prototypes.
- Language skills: Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
Company culture + benefits
We are a close-knit team who regularly socialise and go for team lunches and beers after work. You know, normal startup vibes!
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Flexible working from home when needed
- Friday night drinks on the house
- Gym membership
- Top spec machine
- Relaxed starting time
Please send over a short email with a portfolio of your previous work or link to Dribble/Behance etc. No need for a CV, we want to see what you can do more than anything else!
You must be based in London and willing to come into the office once all this madness is over with!
No recruiters please, we have got this.
Short 1 on 1 call to go through your portfolio/work
COVID usual Zoom chat to meet the team (not a formal interview, just a meet the gang)
We are looking to fill this role quickly, so no lengthily interview process!
Salary range £30,000 — 45,000
Dependant on experience.
More like this
- Full Stack Developer at Route Reports
- Product Design Architect at Deep Consulting Solutions
- Fullstack Engineer at Tractable
- QA Engineer at ContentCal
- Full Stack Developer at Street Group
- Senior PHP Developer at Street Group
- Software Engineer at Stotles
- CTO for international edtech startup at Checheza AB
- Sales Manager at Cervest
- R&D Tax Senior at Claimer