We’re an award winning, innovative consumer technology and product business, based in the vibrant area of East London, now looking for an accomplished digital designer to join our team. The successful applicant will create experiences, interactions and communications that are memorable, engaging and relevant for our customers. This is a key role within our digital team, which shares responsibility for delivering delightful experiences across the whole user journey; from a parent discovering and purchasing a gift, to inspiring a child to learn to code and be creative with technology.
- You’ll be responsible for delivering all the UI design requirements — ranging from web to (native) mobile and everything in-between.
- You’ll execute all visual design stages, from concept and development to release and maintenance.
- You’ll work collaboratively within our design, UX and development teams.
- You’ll help us improve the way our brand is used in the digital space, creating and promoting design guidelines and visual standards.
As well as great design skills you’ll also have at least 3 years experience designing a wide range of digital experiences, across platforms including the web, apps and mobile.
- You’ll have a design degree or equivalent experience.
- You’ll put the user at the centre of your approach to each design challenge.
- You'll be familiar with using data and analysis of user behaviour to guide the process.
- You’ll love taking early prototypes and sketches through to beautifully crafted designs and code.
- You’ll have experience working with a single brand and be excited to immerse yourself within it - and jump at opportunities to put your own stamp on it.
- You’ll have a proven ability to meet important deadlines and adapt to changing priorities and projects quickly.
- You’ll be the ultimate team player, able to work with our welcoming team in a timely, diplomatic manner.
- You’ll have good communication skills and be able to present and explain work and process to your colleagues.
- Best friends with core Adobe Suite or similar (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, After Effects, Sketch…)
- Experience with interaction prototyping tools such as FramerJS, Marvel or InVision.
- A good understanding of HTML, CSS and the possibilities and constraints of animations and interactions within the browser.
- Experience working within an agile process is beneficial.
- Our team use of Trello, Slack and Google Drive for our day-to-day work and communications. Some experience of those tools would be a bonus.
We’re offering the opportunity to work within an incredibly talented and friendly team, instigating 21st century learning around the kitchen table and in the classroom. If you want to look back on your career and know that you were a vital part of building a great company, this role is for you.
- Enrolment in the company stock option plan (EMI Scheme)
- 20 days annual leave
- Professional development fund for conferences, courses etc.
- Flexible work hours as needed, to fit around childcare and other priorities
- Weekly team wellness lunch
- A friendly office environment in East London, next to the canal and a short walk from Victoria Park, Broadway Market and London Fields.
We believe that the best work comes from a diverse team. If our mission excites you, and you can contribute to our culture of lifelong learning and growth we want to hear from you!
Start by editing this text…
More like this
- UX/UI Designer at Hold
- Technical Project Manager at Powster
- Front-end Developer at Studiomade
- Product Designer (UI/UX) at Geckoboard
- Lead developer at unrd
- Software Developer at Flynotes
- Go developer at Vega Protocol
- Senior Front-End Developer at Series Eight