We are looking for a super-talented and passionate Unity Developer who wants to take ownership and be part from the early stages of a well funded and innovative FoodTech company with potential to disrupt the industry and make an impact on people's lives. This is a full-time role starting asap.
Did you know the three main reasons people don't grow their own food are lack of time, knowledge and space available? At Gartenzwerg Technologies, we are on a mission to enable anyone to grow their own food from home effortlessly on the push of a button. We develop fully automated personal indoor gardens with which anyone can grow small fruit, vegetables and herbs year-round conveniently. As an IoT product, the garden mimics and controls the perfect growing environment for plants and communicates with users over an app to let them know if the plants need anything.
You will be responsible to create an amazing user experience by building and designing the UI/UX which simulates a digital version of the real garden, as well as to integrate the app with AWS IoT services.
We have just closed our crowdfunding campaign on Seedrs 234% overfunded (http://gartenzwerg.me/seedrs) and have been selected for the IoT Tribe programme which is backed by the European Commission and focuses on helping IoT start-ups to bring products to market. This is an exciting time to join the company as we prepare for our product launch!
A great team is essential for us. You’ll be working closely with not only the founders and our Embedded System Engineers to build a great solution but also with the whole team to present your ideas, discuss next steps and make sure your work is aligned with the broader picture. We encourage an open environment where thoughts, ideas and feedback are always welcome.
It’s not so important that you know it all (we don’t), but that you are willing to learn, have the curiosity and hands-on attitude to get things done. Although we are pretty hands-on, we don’t take ourselves too serious. We enjoy and love what we do!
The most important is that you share our vision to make an impact on people's lives and see the power that personal indoor farms can have in the future.
Check out our page and social media:
Responsibilities and Duties
- Create an amazing user experience
- Collaborate with team members to design and build our mobile application on top of the Unity platform.
- Design code architecture and interfaces with AWS services.
- Implement, debug and optimise the application.
- Ensure quality of the code you write, creating amazing experiences in a clean and efficient way
- Solve technical issues.
- Participate with suggestions and feedback as well as generating ideas for new functionalities and features.
- Commit to high-speed iterations and continuous improvement (code reviews, automated testing, continuous integration and continuous deployment).
- Share knowledge and help colleagues
Qualifications and Skills
- Min. 3 years of experience
- Proven experience within software development
- A portfolio of Unity mobile apps/games you’ve previously created
- Deep knowledge of Unity and C# development
- Well versed with Unity GUI, Object Oriented Design principles, and script writing in C#
- Ability to plan and estimate the complexity of the work, identifying and resolving potential issues in the development pipeline
- Ability to quickly prototype and communicate rationale behind development choices
- Excellent teamwork skills, flexibility, and ability to handle multiple tasks
- Create and maintain high quality software documentation.
- You will have a do-all-it-takes attitude
- Experience with AWS IoT cloud services
- Experience in creating high performant games
- Experience with native mobile development (iOS, Android).
- Passions for healthy food and a healthy life-style
- Competitive package: base salary + stock options based on work experience
- Pension Scheme: you will automatically be enrolled onto after 3 months with the Company.
- Quick career progression as the team grows
- Supportive management team
- External technical advisor to support and mentor when needed
- Good work-life balance with flexible working hours
- Work for a well-funded start-up that can have real impact on peoples life’s and the environment
- Fun and easy-going environment with a can-do mind-set!!!
We are looking forward to hear from you!
Applicants must have the right/permanent right to work in the UK.
Please no calls and emails from recruiters and/or agencies!
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- Lead Multi-disciplined Software Engineer at ProxiGroup
- Operations Manager at ObjectBox
- Hardware Developer Intern at ULTRA IoT
- Online Marketing Intern at ObjectBox
- PHP Full stack developer at TicketTailor at Create and Adapt
- Head of Software Engineering at District Technologies
- Event Manager at Hardware Pioneers
- Community happiness coordinator at Campus London
- Engineering Lead & Senior Developers - FinTech at Simply Business