User Support Specialist – Spitalfields, London
From community hub renovations or city centre slip ‘n slides, to urban vegetable gardens and tiny art galleries inside an old phone box, Spacehive aims to empower people to create local places they love.
Our users, and their endlessly imaginative ideas, are at the heart of our business and we want to ensure that everyone receives the high quality, personable support they need to help them transform where they live.
We’re looking for a User Support Specialist to join our team and support our valued users on their journey. You don’t need to be a customer support veteran but you should be able to demonstrate how you’ve previously delivered a well organised service with a smile, and on a shoestring. Previous experience of working with local changemakers and community groups would be great but is not essential.
As a technology company that is melding traditional and new ways of funding local projects, we work with a wide range of stakeholders and we all work together to overcome challenges and make things happen quickly.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Support our project creators and their backers on their journey through our platform
- Compose or customise prepared messages to users that are clear, eloquent and friendly
- Create and optimise a bank of canned messages and FAQs
- Respond warmly and effectively on the phones to new and existing users
- Monitor the live chat portal and respond timely and effectually to incoming queries
- Investigate, resolve, escalate, and report potential issues explained by users
- Deliver comprehensive and quality crowdfunding advice to a range of projects
- Make suggestions to help optimise the experience of using Spacehive
- Eager learner who will quickly absorb knowledge of crowdfunding and Spacehive
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, displaying empathy, politeness and patience
- Creative team member that will suggest and build on ideas for department optimisation
- Strong organizational and time management skills to deal with high numbers of users simultaneously and prioritise where necessary
- Passionate about community empowerment and disruptive technology/innovation
- Confident team player who would relish being a part of a fast-moving social start-up, with ambitious growth goals
- Driven and proactive, who’ll work to achieve and exceed personal and company targets
- Prepared to muck in and not get too stressed under pressure
Terms and benefits
- 25 working days holiday
- Second Home Spitalfields membership with benefits that include members drinks, an incredible array of guest talks, yoga classes and more
Our business has an exciting social purpose at its heart – to democratise the way we make places – and Spacehive staff are committed to realising it. We work hard but are also sociable, enjoying everything from lunches and evening drinks to hack days and trips to visit Spacehive projects.
Interested? Please send a CV and cover letter to [email protected] by Friday 14th April 2017.
Salary range £22,000 — 25,000
More like this
- Creative Frontend Developer at Buzz Bar
- User Experience Lead at Action for Children
- Member Manager at Beam
- Back-end Engineer at Hero
- Community Manager at Makers Academy
- Account Manager at Kobas
- Software Engineer at GrowthIntel
- Software Delivery Lead at BBOXX
- Social Media / Growth Marketing Manager at Stitched
- Mid-Senior Full Stack Developer (MEAN... ish) at Omnifi