In 2018, Anmut was started to solve a big problem. We saw the world-changing potential of data being lost because most organisations don’t understand the real value of it. So we set up Anmut to value data. We translate the intangible idea of data into an asset that businesses can better manage, earning higher returns on their data investments and ultimately driving more change. We democratise the value of data, for all those businesses that aren’t Amazon, Alphabet, Apple, Netflix or Microsoft.
Data valuation is a new and challenging field, and we’re at the forefront. Our approach isn’t limited to shareholder value. We also take a broader, more considered view, applying strategic thinking, data science and machine learning to understand the role data plays in the value an organisation creates for its wider stakeholders.
We are building an exceptional team to deliver a suite of innovative software products to support our mission and our clients. As data is intangible, developing products that help bring to life its value and importance in a visually interactive way is an exciting opportunity we need your help with. If you want to be part of a creative and growing business, tackling a complex challenge that matters, read on.
We are looking for a UX designer to join our small, high-energy product team. You will be critical to defining the user experience of our new products by:
- Taking the lead on the UX development aspect of our new products. We have lots of ambitious and exciting ideas and this is an opportunity to really own the UX design aspect of something completely new.
- Gathering requirements from a range of different stakeholders and translating them into user journeys, storyboards and initial design ideas.
- Designing the appropriate flow and layout of solutions which optimise the experience for the user.
- Building visually appealing wireframes and prototypes to bring complex ideas around understanding data to life.
- Think critically about design from the user’s perspective, to design and iterate the most elegant solution possible and help identify likely user issues early.
- Gathering feedback on designs from a wider range of stakeholders
- Working alongside our developers to help convert final designs into software.
What we look for.
- Ability to translate complex customer requirements into user journeys, wireframes and prototypes to demonstrate best practice user experience.
- A strong visual design aesthetic including high quality UI, along with a keen eye for detail.
- Experience in prototyping including proficiency in industry standard design software (e.g. Adobe XD, Sketch, InVision, Figma etc).
- Ability to draw out critical requirements, and identify and predict potential design problems early.
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact clearly with both technical and non-technical stakeholders across the wider business.
- A commitment to the highest quality standards, with designs being clear enough for easy hand off to developers.
- A willingness to seek out feedback and constructive criticism on work produced.
- A pragmatic and flexible attitude – recognition that lack of clarity can be inherent in designing something so new, as well as consideration for technical constraints placed on designs.
- A creative and innovative mind that is not afraid to offer different ideas that are ‘outside the box’
- A real passion to create something that is completely new.
Additional desirable knowledge and experience.
- A degree (preferably in a discipline relevant to Art, Design or Usability), professional certification to a similar level or related work experience
- Experience working within Agile / Sprint based environments
- Experience in designing products from initial design through to hand-off to the development team for build.
- Experience in delivering designs which reflect complex user requirements and deliver measurable business benefits.
- Experience in working in a related field to data management or experience of data management tools e.g. Tableau, PowerBI, Collibra
We are looking to shape this role based on finding the right person with a passion to grow with us as a company, and therefore the exact role requirements are flexible based on your previous level of experience. If you do not exactly meet our requirements but feel that you would be a good fit for the role, please apply anyway! Every application is reviewed by our team and we're always looking to evolve our understanding of what a great candidate looks like.
- Salary: £TBC based on experience, plus annual bonus. Bi-annual salary reviews.
- Opportunity for equity with career development.
- 25 days annual leave.
- Monthly development reviews.
- Training and development budget for professional development.
- Social events.
- Cycle and run friendly central London office.
- Remote working friendly.
- We are able to offer visa sponsorship.
Please go to the following link to apply:
On passing initial screening the process is as follows:
30 minute phone screening with a member of our Product team
Half day assessment day covering:
- Candidate introductions and fit interview
- Portfolio review
- Whiteboarding design exercise
- CEO interview
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- Programme / Operations Manager (part remote) at Sigma Labs XYZ
- Marketing Lead at Count
- Sales Lead at Count
- Full-stack Engineer at Count
- Community Lead at Count
- Digital Marketing Consultant at Conversion Rate Experts
- SEO Manager at TodayTix Group
- Front-end developer at Anyone
- Teacher - Data & Digital Mindset at Decoded
- Product Manager at Steer73