COMPANY: Sofar Sounds reimagines live events through curated, secret performances in intimate settings in more than 420 cities around the world.
ROLE: We’re looking for an experienced UX Designer to join us who is confident taking product development ideas through a lean, user-centred design process. From idea validation, research and user journeys to final user interfaces.
You’ll be joining our growing UX team, and working alongside our tech and product teams. You will be instrumental in product design decisions, across our digital experience. Our intimate concerts are a secret and magical experience. A key design goal is to reflect this and our love of artists online.
It’s an exciting time to join as we enter a period of accelerated growth. You’ll gain valuable experience working on a wide variety of projects. Including responsive e-commerce web design, app design, enterprise solutions for our back end system, a blog and contribute towards the development of our design system.
POSITION TITLE: UX Designer
REPORTING TO: Senior UX Designer
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with our UX, Product, Tech and other teams to define elegant but practical solutions to design challenges, while keeping the user in mind.
- Develop design processes and run design sprints. From workshops and ideation sessions to rapid prototyping and user testing.
- Create stunning design deliveries and work closely with developers to implement these solutions.
- Lead design projects across the entire product lifecycle. You set the vision for the user experience and create the space for others to collaborate.
- Let users lead the way. Our users inform where we are going. Our teams focus on listening to users, and letting their needs guide us to the best solutions. It’s important for us to know we are solving for real people and not just the loudest voice in the room.
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes.
- Use customer insights including statistics, support feedback, surveys, analytics etc. to inform design direction.
- Develop and deliver wireframes, visual mock ups and user flows that effectively communicate and validate design vision and user interaction.
- Present UX and design work back to stakeholders and manage projects from approval to execution.
- Support the Product Management Team and design leaders to define product vision.
- Establish and promote quality design, best practices and standards in our design system and across all products.
- 4+ years of cross platform Product Design experience working on a mix of responsive web, Android, iOS and email design.
- Demonstrable experience in UX Research and User-testing, with a willingness to fail and learn.
- Demonstrable experience in UI Design, with the ability to rapidly ideate and produce multiple concepts. You’ll have a strong visual portfolio.
- Fluent in English with excellent communication skills.
- A passion for music and entertainment.
- Flexibility to work in a dynamic continuous delivery environment.
- Ability to work independently by solving problems creatively and effectively. Then to present your own work with stakeholders.
- Up-to-date knowledge of the latest music and entertainment trends, techniques, and technologies.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Proficiency in Sketch, Marvel, Adobe Creative Suite, other wireframing and prototyping tools.
- Experience working end-to-end and shipping live products.
- Experience of HTML and CSS.
- Experience of Agile / Scrum, or similar.
- Taken point on project.
- Experience working in startups
- Experience working on design within an entertainment or tech company.
- Experience mentoring junior team members.
People who join Sofar Sounds have an excitement and energy about what we’re doing. They want to be a driving force of growth for emerging artists, committed to creating a magical experience for performers and fans alike, and this is reflected in the way they work.
We are growing swiftly, helping more musicians in more cities. As a result, we expect our people to get things done efficiently and to help other team members, whether a specific task is their role or not. Also to learn from, and make changes as a result of, feedback from one another and our community.
The right candidate should be efficient and upbeat, and need to live the Sofar experience while sharing our vision for discovering great new music and creating the best live event experience in the world.
Sofar Sounds offers a comprehensive benefits package including health and wellness benefits, retirement, as well as opportunities for career growth and development.
We're a company of trust. What does that mean? If you need to take a break and go on a long walk, do it! If your family is in town and you want to spend the afternoon with them, do it! Need a vacation? Definitely do it! We trust our employees to take time when they need it.
At Sofar, we embrace diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are inclusive. The more we live that, the better our work will be.
- The opportunity to work with the leading and progressive minds within the music industry.
- A range of meaningful benefits including:
- A company pensions scheme.
- Flexible work hours and time off.
- Comprehensive health plans.
- Culture of learning and development.
- Off-sites and happy hours.
- Free Sofar shows around the world.
- Apple laptop and relevant software licenses for your role and beyond.
- Competitive salary depending on your level of experience.
We’re currently situated in the Rich Mix building, Shoreditch, London.
Application to include:
- Salary requirements.
- An online portfolio, or PDF. Your portfolio should include explanations of your process.
- Anything else you think we’d like to hear about (ie. side projects, other interests).
More like this
- Frontend or Backend Developers at Pirate Studios
- Software Developer at Karakuri Ltd
- Sales Director at Sweatcoin
- Engineering Manager at Farewill
- Junior Entrepreneur at Sweatcoin
- Technical Content Producer at Code Kingdoms
- Product Lead with UX design background at Sweatcoin
- Junior Entrepreneur with German at Sweatcoin
- Junior Entrepreneur with Spanish at Sweatcoin
- Python Backend Engineer at Brightlobe