We’re looking for an exceptional VP, Engineering to lead our rapidly growing development team at Verisart. You'll be able be able to switch between high level technical architecture to product and business requirements as well as creating a positive environment where junior developers can grow.
You'll be familiar with the LEAN start-up mentality of moving fast and breaking things and be a passionate ‘can do-er’ with a positive attitude.
Verisart is a VC funded digital certification platform applying blockchain technology to transform the arts and collectibles market. We believe in giving people the power to run real time verification of provenance and new ways to store and transfer value for the works they value. We’re building a decentralized title registry and exploring new types of ownership and methods of cultural participation. For more information, please visit verisart.com
- Lead the architectural design & work closely with the CEO and Head of Product to align the platform’s development with the market need.
- Attract outstanding talent to join the team.
- Apply testing principles to improve product robustness and co-ordinate ongoing refactoring and improvement of the codebase.
- Enjoy working within an agile methodology, driven by weekly sprints.
Minimum qualifications, experience and skills:
- Passionate about Verisart mission and transformative potential of blockchain technology.
- High level experience with Go, React and Postgres
- Commercial experience building and scaling a technology start up.
- Expertise in creating high performing teams with exceptional delivery track records.
- Appreciate that every team is different and all individuals within that team are different once again
– Experience in LEAN, Scrum, Scrumban, Kanban etc.
- Value mindset and delivery over excess process approach.
- Strong technical documentation track record
- Ability to explain technical requirements to technical & non technical people
- Clear and concise communication to instill best practice development ethos
- Passionate about TDD and unit testing
- Passionate about new technological developments within the industry
- Happy to speak at events and present to the tech community
- Computer Science degree
Desired qualifications, experience and skills:
- Experience with Bitcoin Blockchain or creating Solidity smart contracts.
- Designing and maintaining RESTful APIs
- Designing databases and technical architecture
- Designing and implementing microservices architecture
- Experience with Heroku, AWS or Google Cloud
- Understanding of DevOps best practices and technologies.
- Experience of founding a tech start-up, leading a tech start-up through multiple funding rounds would be advantageous.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and stock options with opportunity to shape the use of blockchain technology for the art & collectibles market.
- Bright workspace in Mayfair, London with good transport links.
- Immediate start date.
Salary range £50,000 — 90,000
More like this
- Full Stack Developer at Route Reports
- Product Design Architect at Deep Consulting Solutions
- Fullstack Engineer at Tractable
- QA Engineer at ContentCal
- Full Stack Developer at Street Group
- Senior PHP Developer at Street Group
- Front end developer (London based) at LedgerComm
- Head of Product at Grapevine
- Technical Co-founder for a SaaS start up at SaleSource
- Software Engineer at Stotles