Who Are We?
If you played EA Sports FIFA growing up, you will know what we mean when we say we are building the real-life Player Card.
Our mission is to help grass-roots footballers to get better faster by measuring, benchmarking and improving foundational skills required to be successful in the game.
We do this by allowing anyone with a mobile phone to leverage our artificial intelligence, computer vision and augmented reality platform through our app interfaces.
Our initial collaboration partners include UEFA and MLS.
For more information visit;
Company Story: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qj7ubH3tAIQ
We are looking for a customer centric hands-on engineering leader who shares our passion for sports and product delivery, to build on and lead our UK based multidisciplinary team of machine learning and computer vision engineers and app developers (Android and iOS).
You will work closely with product, business leads and clients to provide technical leadership. You will engage with our world-leading network of external advisors and distil their insights into concrete deliverables. You will spend part of your time making hands-on technical contributions, and the rest as the person responsible for the overall execution of our engineering projects.
- Lead the development and delivery of software products to meet business strategy.
- Perform software development across the whole product life-cycle. Be a champion for potential new technologies that may improve business outcomes, delivery and user experience for all products.
- Engage staff, partners, clients and other users to identify problems, propose solutions and develop a hypothesis-driven, user-centred culture within product teams and the organisation.
- Craft and contribute to technology strategy including selection of development methodology, platforms, and technologies.
- Present the Company technology strategy to investors and partners.
- Lead our quality culture, setting high standards to ensure products and services are built securely, safely, effectively and ethically and meet user needs.
- Role-model and help embed new cultures and ways of working to take advantage of developments in digital and design fields.
- Coach, mentor and line-manage engineers to improve confidence, skills and performance.
- Work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team in a lean / agile environment, focused on continuous improvement.
- Build and maintain relationships internally and externally effectively.
- Undertake any other duties that are reasonable and are commensurate with the role.
- Be a key developer within our team - you’ll need strong programming skills in at least one relevant programming language, such as Swift, Java or Kotlin
- Build hiring plans, recruit and on-board new team members.
Requirements and Experience
Worked as an Engineering Lead within a multidisciplinary team in the past.
- A university degree in computer science or, a related discipline.
- At least 7 years software development experience.
- At least 5 years’ experience of hands-on technical leadership including people management within a multidisciplinary team, including mentoring and development of the engineering team.
- Have scaled an engineering team from <5 to 10+ members.
- At least 3 years product delivery experience in a start-up or small-team environment.
- Solid experience in leading the software development process: code reviews, software design and architecture discussions, refactoring, selection of libraries/platforms
- Experience leading agile & lean approaches to product development.
- Experience with mobile development (iOS or Android).
- Solid understanding and ability to apply computer science fundamentals including of performance optimization, algorithms, and data structures, OOP.
- Ability to apply good judgement in potentially unfamiliar areas of technology: well-developed intuition and ability to articulate reasoning.
- Experience with modern QA systems and procedures.
- Have been responsible for Devops for a live product.
- Ability to communicate effectively to different teams, and make complex and technical language and concepts simple.
- Ability to contribute to a positive working environment in which equality and diversity are well managed and staff are empowered and motivated
- Practical experience developing products using one or more of our underlying technologies: ML (e.g. TensorFlow), AR (e.g. ARKit), CV (e.g. OpenCV), or GPGPU (e.g. OpenGL).
- Back-end experience with Firebase (Auth, Functions, Firestore, FCM).
Salary range £100,000 — 150,000
Negotiable + Options
More like this
- Lead Engineer at Tab.
- Full Stack Developer at Ayima
- Junior R&D Tax Consultant - Technology at The Accountancy Cloud
- Software Engineer at RMP Enterprise
- Senior Product Designer at Bark.com
- Senior Product Designer at ZOE
- Head of Growth at EasyA
- Sales Executive at Maison Sport
- Front-end developer at Everpress
- Join our Commercial Team at Theodo UK