We're a small team of high performers who have built the leading African Mobile First Consumer Lending Business. In the most promising but also challenging market in Sub Saharan Africa, we are ranked #1 for Finance apps (and #41 overall) in Google Play in Nigeria. We are a fast growing business (5%/month) and are well funded. Our talented team is spread between Lagos, Cape Town and San Francisco. As we expand our platform to new markets (Ivory Coast, Ghana, Senegal, Egypt), we are planning to establish our senior leadership in London.
We are looking for a superb VP of Engineering to own and grow our platform as we expand our product set and launch in more countries. You are a builder: you have successfully founded a company, or worked closely with great founders. You’re comfortable with complex systems, know how to balance regulatory and product requirements, and have hired and led top talent. You have a resourceful hacker mentality but build systems with a view to maintainability and scalability.Objectives
- To lead and scale our engineering organization
- Key member of the leadership team and report directly to the CEO
- Defining and implementing an overarching technical vision
- The technical leader of the engineering team
- You will be responsible for the entire engineering organization. This includes recruiting, retention, organizational structure, technical roadmaps, engineering process and practices, and outcomes.
- Build, maintain, advocate and execute on a technical roadmap vision. Understand and setup process for paying down technical debt.
- Ensure new functionality is built with effective, scalable technologies.
More like this
- React Developer at Rotageek
- Content Growth Hacker at CharlieHR
- Senior Product Manager at Rotageek
- Junior Front-end Developer at ContentCal
- Communications and Content Marketing at Lyvly
- Talent & Culture Partner at Create + Adapt ltd
- Customer Success Manager at Sideways 6
- Operations-focused client manager at Hozah
- Co-Founder/Partner at Integrated Digital Growth Agency
- Customer Support Associate at OurPath