As a sales person, you have never really been like the others. Bell ringing, Wolf of Wall Street quotes, and "coffee is for closers only" mugs are fun - but that's not really what gets you going in the job.
Instead, you're curious and you can't even help yourself.
Every prospect you have or client you meet is a new interaction: a chance to learn about a new business, to meet a new mix of people, and to see if you could figure out how to solve their problem with the thing(s) that you're selling.
You're one of those people who tries to keep your introduction of your company short, so that you could hear all about your prospective client's company. You'd ask questions, find gaps in knowledge, and try to bridge the gap between what they need, and what you offer.
You'd spend time thinking out of the box to give that company not-just-another-salesy sales pitch. In fact, you probably hate the idea of a pitch. You'd prefer to sit down and do workshops. You'd like to understand the pains and delights of that business, and to see how you can lessen the one and uplift the other.
Each company brings you a new perspective to business, and a new challenge to try to solve. The more variety - the better. Be it in shipping or telecoms, bookkeeping or B&Bs. This is how we approach partners here at Pleo.
We are trying to figure out how best to bring the most joy to accounting partners, so that they're so pleased to use Pleo that they roll it out to all of their clients. This is a new team, with a big goal.
If this resonates with you and you're for the challenge - please reach out.
The hard skills needed
- a customer-centric, empathetic mindset
- ability to soak up knowledge...
- ...and transfer knowledge in a simple and effective way
Your colleagues say you
- are easy to work with
- suggest the latest tech/ apps/ trends to apply
- think laterally
- are driven but...
- ...don't have sharp elbows
- are a person they would also enjoy having a coffee with (virtual or not)
Your mom says that you
- have been reading the business section of the newspaper since you were about 10
- are an inventor at heart
- get your hands dirty (and she has the photos to prove it)
- probably work in IT (moms)
Show me the benefits!
- get your own Pleo card for no out of pocket spending, and full autonomy
- flexible work: working from home when you want, where you want, why you want to (we trust you)
- continual learning & development opportunities
- team camps around the world - remotes flown in (around once a quarter) for team building and learning - the last one was in Austria. Just saying!
- a competitive warrant programme in line with your salary
- catered lunch in the London office
Working at Pleo means you're working on something very exciting: the future of work. Through fintech we've seen a way to impact how people work; we think company spending should be delegated to all employees and teams, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of responsible spending.
Being HQ'd out of Copenhagen means we're inspired by sensible things like a good work-life balance.
Sometimes, people write nice things about us: Check Out Forbes's Latest Article On Pleo Here
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- Project Manager at Borne Digital
- Senior Software Backend Engineer at Midnite
- Back-end PHP (Laravel) Developer at Eventcube
- Senior Product Manager at Rotageek
- Head of Web Development at Forward Action
- Front-end Developer at Inktrap
- Full Stack Engineer at Expensify
- Talent Managers Assistant at Diving Bell Ltd
- European Sales Manager at Flash Pack
- Digital Marketing Manager (Social / Analytics) at KOTA