Expend is a fast-growing London-based FinTech company (Top 100 Britain's Fastest Growing Businesses 2018).
We simplify the painful business expenses process with a unique software platform, smart company card, and payment solutions. We’re an ambitious team and have set ourselves a number of goals but our first challenge is to revolutionise business expenses. Expend saves time, hassle and money, giving companies a new level of expense automation and efficient control over budgets and employee spending.
We are working in a huge sector mainly dominated by big businesses using outdated approaches. It is in massive need of change and we aim to revolutionise the space. We provide a mobile app, online dashboard, card and payment products as part of an intuitive solution. We integrate and have formed partnerships with numerous financial and service companies, many of which you will know.
We use AWS (ECS, DynamoDB, Lambda, RDS, Terraform, etc) for our infrastructure with the cloud infrastructure developed in Python and Erlang. Our systems make use of continuous integration and automatically rolled out builds to our various platforms (cloud and mobile).
We are looking for a talented React developer with strong web development skills and exposure to web and mobile platforms to join our team in the heart of Shoreditch, London. You will be using your knowledge to help build and refine the Expend product, working across various disciplines, including security, accountancy and financial systems.
The Role Encompasses
- Working across our web and mobile platforms to build and improve our online presence and products
- Work within a talented and experienced team using a variety of platforms and languages
- Closely work with our design team to implement and shape new features and functionality
- You will be directly involved in the planning and direction of future Expend projects
The “Ideal” Candidate
- Demonstrable experience building React.js web applications
- Demonstrable experience with TDD and particularly testing React.js applications
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
- Knowledge of REST APIs
- Knowledge and understanding of modern software design patterns
- Punctuality and strong communication skills
- Self awareness and a desire to improve your skills
- Proficiency in English with the right to work in the UK
- And most importantly: a passion for creating products that people love to use!
- Experience with Docker, Amazon Web Services, and Git
- Helpful but not essential: Native experience on either iOS (Swift) or Android (Java)
This is an opportunity to be part of a talented and ambitious team, offering both a fulfilling role and potential for strong rewards as the company grows. We’re a friendly company, and we aim to create an enjoyable work environment, with work that is challenging but rewarding. If you think you would be a valuable addition to our team and wish to explore this opportunity, we look forward to hearing from you. Please send your CV and covering letter.
More like this
- Full Stack Developer at CAST
- Full Stack Developer at Ratio
- Senior Product Manager at Rotageek
- Software Engineer at Orkestro
- Client Success Manager at Inkpath Limited
- Head of Product & Technology at Everpress
- iOS and/or Android Developer at Cotham Technologies
- Senior Product Designer at Medopad
- Junior Project Manager at Lattimore and Friends
- Implementation Engineer at re:infer