Salary: £60-65,000 p.a. (no additional company benefits)
Equity: You will be offered options in the company
Reporting to: Managing Director, Digital Care Planning Ltd.
Based at: The Helix Centre in St. Mary’s Hospital, Paddington (London)
More than 500,000 people die each year in the UK, and half of these deaths occur in hospital, many without any medical reason to be there. As the population ages, and medical knowledge advances, the importance of giving people more choice and control over their care has never been greater. Digital Care Planning aims to support people to live well with a diagnosis until death through innovative ways of engaging people in their long-term health and care planning.
As the Lead Developer of Digital Care Planning (DCP), and the first tech hire, you will lead all technical aspects of a new, mission-driven start up venture in advance care planning. This means developing from a proof of concept into a fully-fledged, scalable product that achieves a range of patient outcomes and integrates into wider healthcare systems.
The role is very much hands-on, leading from the front in the delivery of software systems, from concept to customer and back again. You'll be well versed in agile, front end and back end systems. On top of owning the development process, you will be heavily involved with the founding team in shaping and executing our technical product roadmap.
Your role is to help develop and deliver a digital advance care planning product that:
- puts individuals and families first when it comes to decisions about care at the end of their life;
- drives wider engagement and uptake by the public, unaided by clinicians;
- reduces unnecessary demands on A&E services.
For this role, it is important that you have an understanding and can manage the end-to-end lifecycle of a development project, from local development and version control, through to both front end and back end development, server setups and management, as well as deployment and maintenance processes. Being an integral part of a small team, it is also important that you have a good understanding and experience of user interface & interaction design. You’ll be working primarily within a design team set amongst a busy central London hospital while the wider team includes a network of healthcare academics and clinicians.
We're looking for someone who likes to get their hands dirty and get things done. We really enjoy working in a unique healthcare environment, it’s highly collaborative and you’ll also like having a range of specialists around from designers to clinicians. We’re looking for you to bring an impressive skill set to this team, and here’s what we mean:
- You have extensive experience as a lead developer, using frameworks such as MEAN, serverless or equivalent;
- You’re great at server admin & DevOps and not afraid of logs and core dumps;
- You’ve got the ability to debug hard problems at every level of the stack, i.e. you can debug a web application problem single-handedly all the way from the browser, through the transport, through the application and servers and databases and asynchronous queues;
- You can use continuous integration and delivery technologies at an expert level;
- You have the ability to prioritise and focus;
- You have the ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
Nice to have:
- You have experience in native mobile development (Android and iOS);
- You want to be involved in product management.
Ideally you have shipped production code using Node JS and have a familiarity working on a web stack powered by Express, Happi or similar. Other comparable languages and frameworks may be substituted.
If you think this opportunity is for you, send an email to Daniel Dickens ([email protected]) detailing the following things:
link to your LinkedIn profile, your CV or however you want to tell your story;
product that you are proudest of having developed and why. No more than 500
Please apply by 6pm GMT on Tuesday, April 25th at the latest, making sure you give the information asked for above. We won’t consider any late or incomplete applications.
Salary range £60,000 — 65,000
You will be offered options in the venture
More like this
- Full Stack Developer at LocumTap
- Team Leader - Engineering (Python) at Lyst
- Full Stack Developer at Unmind
- Sales Analyst at messly.co.uk
- Affiliate Marketing Manager at Diviac
- Lead Engineer at FLYT
- Technical Lead at Acea Health
- Senior Backend (Python) Engineer at Lyst
- Front-end Developer (React) at Reposit
- Growth Hacker at Messly