Are you looking to become a leader in a global Fortune 100 company where you can manage people, process, and technology in one of the world’s leading logistics, supply chain, transportation, and fulfillment operations? Would you enjoy the challenge of delivering a continuously improving customer experience to over 285 million customers globally? Could you assume financial responsibilities that impact both the bottom line and shareholder expectations for a growing Fortune 100 corporation? If the answer is yes, then the role of Area Manager may be the right starting point for you.
Area Manager – Pipeline to the Pathways Program
We’re seeking an Area Manager to join our dynamic Fulfilment Centre. Our Fulfilment Centres are at the heart of Amazon’s rapidly growing Operations network: they’re where we manage our fast-moving inventory. They’re also where we developed our industry-leading workflows. Our teams stow deliveries, pick products, package them up and ship them out: each of these groups have played their part in taking us where we are today.
In these facilities we’re building the future of customer service, as we work towards becoming Earth’s most customer-centric company. This is your chance to make history with us.
If you are successful in the Area Manager role within two years, you will have the opportunity to join the Pathways Program'
Pathways is a five-year Operations Leadership Development Program designed to rapidly develop talented MBA graduates with the skills they need to be an Amazon General Managers and Directors. Pathways members will develop leadership skills and gain a deep knowledge of the business through a series of progressively challenging operational assignments across Amazon’s growing supply chain network. Pathways are expected to be mobile and scale with the growth of the business, lead and develop large teams, solve problems with creative solutions and Deliver Results on behalf of our customers!
Area Manager Responsibilities
You’ll be responsible as a manager for one of the main teams in your FC: receive, stow, pick, pack or ship. Along with your peers, you’ll ensure that all workflows run smoothly and that customer expectations are met, if not exceeded.
You will lead a team of approximately 80 to 120 associates, you’ll drive the training and integration of your team, while motivating and inspiring forward progress. All the while, you’ll exercise sound judgement, making sure progress and KPI targets are worked towards and met.
While you achieve this, you’ll ensure motivation, engagement and performance:
· You’ll need to safeguard your team’s safety, promoting Amazon’s Health and Safety standards
· You’ll lead cross-functional teams, tasked with solving operational problems
· You’ll uphold Amazon’s high standards of process quality
· You’ll maintain inventory accuracy
· You’ll strive to improve and streamline processes
· You’ll become a subject matter expert on larger FC processes and activities
· You’ll actively share and promote best practices with your colleagues and network
Additional responsibilities may include:
· Developing standard operating procedures for the respective business teams
· Direct accountability for setting and meeting operational goals, strategic planning and forecasting
· Leading a team of area managers and associates
· Leading process improvements
· You are currently enrolled in/or are a 2021 graduate of a Masters or PhD and available for full time work in 2021
· You have either a Masters or PhD in engineering, management, logistics, manufacturing, science or a similar field
· Demonstrable decision-making skills, enabling you to use sound reasoning as and when required; you can consult others in achieving consensus
· Demonstrable analytical skills, a sound business judgment with strong oral and written communication
· Demonstrable leadership ability, with a ﬂair for managing others
· Demonstrable stakeholder engagement at varying levels of seniority
· You are fluent in English and the local language of your requested location
· Relevant/Previous experience in an operational, logistics, supply chain, manufacturing or transportation environments or similar
editing this text…
More like this
- Data Science Director at Juni
- Customer Success Director at Juni
- 🛒 E-commerce Manager at Yuca at Yuca
- Product Director at Juni
- Senior People Data Scientist at People Matter
- Senior Devops/Secops Engineer at Wayhome
- Business Development Executive at Mediolana Limited
- Engineering Manager at Everpress
- Software Engineer at Nossa Data Ltd
- Ecommerce Solutions Consultant (Shopify Agency) at We Make Websites