Working directly with our technical lead you’ll work on the continuous development of our SaaS app, Twine, helping to advise, architect, engineer and maintain new modules and microservices for its global client base.
You’ll also work on the development of bespoke web applications and digital tools, writing code, experimenting and prototyping digital solutions that improve efficiency, streamline workflows and ultimately change the way people work.
Expect to be working in a very friendly and informal environment, where maintaining an application’s performance is just as important as ensuring the necessary security procedures are followed.
Skills & Requirements
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 2+ years of experience as a software developer
- Experience in PHP 5 or 7 (Symfony or a similar backend framework)
- Experience in using JS frameworks (AngularJS or React for example)
- Experience in using the OSX or Linux command lines
It would be great if you have:
- Experience in building clean, maintainable Microservice based systems
- Experience with technologies such cache servers (Redis) and Message Queues
- Experience developing reusable AngularJS components
- Experience designing clear RESTful APIs
- An understanding of containerisation (Docker)
It would be absolutely ideal if you:
- Understand Front-end performance issues (Asset delivery, Caching, CDNs)
- Understand Behavioural and Test Driven development techniques
- Have an interest in using GoLang (or a similar language)
We’re a team of specialists with an innate understanding of making applications for the workplace, and we’re good at it. We don’t do throw away marketing websites, nor do we do email campaigns or quick fix holding pages, so worry not.
We’re team-orientated, we welcome knowledge sharing with open arms, and our relaxed working environment encourages experimentation and design-led thinking. This five-minute ‘Design Led-thinking‘ video should give you a taste of our approach.
We like sharing our knowledge with the community, so along with meet ups, we like to write about what we do. So, in no particular order here are few of our popular posts:
- Scalability and Performance. Why We Need to Stay Abreast of Technology
- How we use AWS to manage our digital product services
- How we autoscale our products with AWS
- Moving to a SaaS model with Symfony2
Outside of our everyday workflow, we enjoy building Drones, Robots and checking out the local meet-ups. We like to run office socials as often as possible, comedy nights, go-kart Grand Prix and mini golf are a few of our favourite activities.
Salary range £30,000 — 40,000
Depending on experience
More like this
- Senior Front-End Developer (Riga, Latvia) at KASKO
- Full-Stack Chatbot/Voice Developer 🤖 at Sure AI
- Platform Engineer at Full Fact
- C++ Software Engineer at ROLI
- 3 full stack developers at Code Kingdoms
- UX / Product Design lead at Fluidly
- New business exec at Solid State Group
- Front-end developer at Hold
- Experienced Software Developer at GrowthIntel
- London Lead Developer / Architect for UX Studio at This Place Limited