Who are you?
You are an ambitious developer who wants to help make an impact rather than be a cog in the wheel - you love building things, especially scalable back-end systems using Node.js.
You’re a fast learner who is obsessed with the ever expanding world of software engineering. You expect the same high standards from your colleagues as you hold for yourself, and get excited by opportunities to learn and improve with your work.
Reposit is a fintech/prop-tech startup founded in 2016 to drive change within the industry to lower the cost of renting for tenants and make the renting process as seamless as booking a holiday.
We’re renters ourselves and we got tired of the clunky process involved in renting - particularly the costly but inefficient services and processes required to rent or let a property (most of which get passed off as cost to the the renter) and the lack of transparency involved in what is for most tenants, the largest financial outlay they’ll make each year.
Our initial innovation was to offer a new financial alternative to a tenancy deposit. Instead of paying 6 weeks rent up front, tenants just pay 1 week’s rent, and if there any claims at the end of the tenancy, tenants can settle and pay for them through our platform. Now tenants only pay out when they actually cause damage!
We’ve since partnered with hundreds of letting agents in the UK to provide this service, but we didn’t stop innovating there - we’ve now begun to create cutting edge referencing solutions to bring a more accurate and cost effective tenant risk assessment to the industry. We’ve started off by offering identity and credit referencing at a much lower cost, and now we’re moving on to intelligent AI driven risk assessment in the near future.
There’s an endless number of areas to expand our horizons further - we don’t believe letting agents or landlords are the problem, but the web services they use are, and these costs ultimately end up getting passed on to tenants. It doesn’t need to be this way and Reposit aims to make a change one service at a time.
What’s it like to work at Reposit?
We’re lucky to have a smart, motivated team that is very friendly and approachable. We love bouncing ideas off each other and having an open culture where everyone's opinion is valued and no-one feels intimidated to ask the ‘stupid questions’.
We believe our team should be empowered to make their own decisions and choose the best way to solve real world problems. You’ll be given guidance where needed, but ultimately you have the power and responsibility to make an impact in your own way.
Aside from work we enjoy ranking the local food and coffee spots, team drinks on a Friday and the occasional Honest Burger or curry after work.
Disrupting the rental market in the UK is no mean feat and we’re all incredibly passionate about the change we can make and this underpins our day-to-day attitude and positive energy in the office.
You'll be the third hire in the Development team, working directly with the CTO.
Your mission will be:
- Adding new features to our fast and secure JSON API to support our web app
- Designing and implementing a public REST API for integration with external partners and services
- Extending our tenant referencing services, with the opportunity to get involved in designing and building our smart-pricing AI system
- Having significant input into tech decisions and experiment with new technologies
- Designing the way we store data
- Deploying our applications into the cloud with AWS
- Have the chance to experiment with new technologies
- Minimum 1 year commercial Node.js experience
- Experience designing and building scalable REST APIs
- Love learning about best practices and latest technologies
- Experience writing automated tests with common testing frameworks
- Passionate about working in a startup
- Familiarity with CI systems (We use Jenkins)
- 2 years+ back-end development experience
- Testing frameworks (Mocha/Chai/Should.js)
- Experience in API development and best practices (testing, documenting, versioning, monitoring)
- Understanding of latest front-end technologies (React, Redux etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of AWS services (EC2, ELB, VPC, S3)
- Appreciate the value of writing clean and maintainable code
- Experience with agile working practices
- Commercially minded approach to development
- You’ve already worked in a startup environment
- Understanding of SQL database design
- Salary £35-50k dependent on experience (and whether you use tabs or spaces ;-))
- Generous share options
- Salary review every 6 months
- Flexible working hours and working from home
- A shiny new MacBook, monitor, and accessories
- 28 days holiday + bank holidays
- Private healthcare
- Great office space a couple of minutes away from Shoreditch High Street
Salary range £35,000 — 50,000
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- An innovative, ambitious Back End Engineer at TrueLayer
- Mid/Senior-level Node.js Developer at labworks.io
- Experienced Freelance Full Stack Engineer at Craftship
- Senior Front-end Developer at Movebubble
- Senior C++ developer at ObjectBox Ltd
- Full Stack Developer at Design Culture
- Front-end Engineer at Top10VPN
- Full Stack Web Developer at myGiulia
- Full Stack PHP Developer at RampTshirts.com