Elemendar is a fast-growing Seed-stage startup in the Cyber Security space. Founded in 2017 at the UK's NCSC Cyber Accelerator, we use Machine Learning to solve a significant current security problem. Our existing product, which has paying customers, is an Artificial Intelligence solution that reads cyber threat reports by humans and turns them into industry-standard structured information.
We want to become a leader in the automation of Cyber Threat Intelligence (CTI) and its use in the front line to protect against cyber threats to government, industry and society. We just closed a funding round and are looking for motivated people who will be foundational in growing and shaping the company. Our small, diverse team makes for an inclusive, interdisciplinary, and intellectually stimulating environment.About the role
We’re looking for a permanent Back-end Engineer (Python/DevOps/Java) to join our growing team and work closely with the CTO to support our web-services and the delivery of Elemendar's machine learning models.
Our product is available to customers in a variety of ways, from web applications to Python packages. You will support the delivery and operations of the ML models to help make them accessible to users in a secure and intuitive fashion. Tasks might include the containerisation of models or the creation of event-driven services.
Although most of the work is back-end engineering, we also want to hear about any other areas you have a passion for, such as machine learning or graph-based database models; being a small team we often share tasks across the dev group.About you
As a Back-end Engineer, you should be comfortable around with server-side coding languages (especially Python), development frameworks and third-party libraries. You'll have true responsibility, ownership and autonomy over your work working closely with our ML developers and one of our other new hires, who will be focused on creating front-end consumption of the APIs and supporting you in the back-end development. You will have knowledge of modern technical architectural patterns and the skills to deploy and efficiently automate event-driven services.
- Proven experience as a Back End Engineer or similar role
- Excellent Python skills
- Experience deploying and operating services using Cloud Native technologies (Docker, Kubernetes), and knowledge of AWS or other cloud platforms
- Experience with relational databases
- Familiarity with Java
- Ability to work independently, with solid team communication skills; this may sound generic but we’re a remote-first team and most of us are currently filling multiple roles at the same time, so knowing that we can leave you to get on with things and communicate when things are going well or when you need help is vital
- Asking 'why' to help with collaborative problem solving, and balance delivering and refactoring / quality to get an effective solution in the shortest time
Nice to have
- Experience with cyber-security is not needed (though nice to have) - you’ll pick some up soon enough!
- Experience deploying services using Cloud Native technologies (Docker, Kubernetes) in privately hosted environments
- Knowledge of distributed event-driven architectures
- Experience deploying and operating machine learning models
- Experience working in a fast paced, high growth, technology focused organisation
- Experience / interest in graph-based databases
- An interest in taking responsibility for all areas of the product, not just the code, including doing support work where necessary
- A competitive salary with an equity component
- Flexible location (ideally Europe based but open to other areas for the right candidate) and working hours
- Remote-first team with the option of team days off-site (when safe and wherever works best for the team setup)
- Potential for travel to meet with clients / business partners and attend conferences
- As a small team, we can consider putting in place other benefits if important to you - please ask!
We value diversity in our small team and welcome candidates from non-traditional backgrounds and under-represented groups in tech. Our CTO is a woman and dedicated to supporting the engineering team with mentorship opportunities.
Do you want to join our team as our new Back-end Engineer? Then we'd love to hear about you!
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- Sales Executive at simonbarry.tv
- Head of Client Services at We Make Websites
- Product Developer at Zero Deposit
- Technical Architect at The ODI
- Product Owner - Ecommerce Agency at We Make Websites
- Growth Manager at Furnish.app
- Platform Software Engineer at Unibuddy
- UX/UI Designer at Unibuddy
- Mid/Senior Full Stack Developer at Wearisma
- Front-end developer with accessibility experience at Jellybooks Ltd.