Everpress is a global fashion marketplace that connects consumers to unique & sustainable products from independent creatives.
We're looking for backend engineers to champion creativity, supporting grassroots creators while ending the waste in fashion. If you love creativity, sustainability, fashion or complex logistics(!) then this is the place for you.
Engineers at Everpress are involved throughout the product process, with lots of scope for influencing and defining what we build next. You won't just be trawling through lists of issues.
Our stack is PHP + Symfony with MySQL. It’s all hosted on the AWS stack, using ECS, S3, SQS, etc. We track errors with Sentry and use New Relic for performance monitoring and optimisation.
Key responsibilities include
Helping us build high-performance, easy to maintain, quality software. We’ve paid out over £4,000,000 to creators around the world and we’re growing quickly!
Exploring solutions to interesting problems with the product team, building prototypes and taking them through to release. We work closely with users and the team to make sure we’re solving the problems that will really help independent creators.
Owning your own technical roadmap. For example, improving build pipelines and deployments, performance optimisation, instrumentation. We’re constantly improving our infrastructure and development process.
- Working knowledge of PHP 7 and recent use of PHP frameworks – ideally Symfony
- Comfortable with relational databases – ideally MySQL. Though we use Doctrine, there will always be SQL queries to write and optimise
- Experience working with PHPUnit and integration tests. We don’t have high test coverage, but we’re looking to improve it in 2020
Nice to haves
- An understanding of CI/CD pipelines
- Experience working with applications at some scale. We have some big traffic spikes and are growing quickly
- Experience using system monitoring tools (e.g. New Relic, Datadog etc) and automated testing frameworks
- Some frontend experience. We use React and Marionette, it would be useful if you have some experience working with either
If you don't meet all of the requirements here, please still apply! We're always looking to hire and the team will be growing even more over the coming months. So if you're not the perfect fit now you could well be in the near future.
1. We're a creative bunch (DJ's / graphic designers / musicians / zine owners)
2. Competitive salary and share options. We all share in Everpress' success
3. Employee Assistance Programme with Health Assured for employees and their family. We also have trained Mental Health First Aiders in the business
4. A plant filled, relaxed working environment and dog friendly office✌️🌱
5. Employee discounts towards high street retailers, restaurants and experience days & Free t-shirts for family and friends
6. Great work-life balance: Early Friday finishes; Summer Hours; 25+ days holiday, activism days
7. Flexible Working Policy and Remote work availableApply now
Salary range £50,000 — 70,000
Dependent on experience
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- Senior Software Engineer at Hurree
- Solutions Architect at Hurree
- Technical Researcher at Hurree
- API Intergrations Specialist at Hurree
- Senior Backend Developer (Node.js) at Caravelo
- Full Stack Developer at Landscape
- Project Manager Marketing - Growth Hacking at 7pace
- Android Developer at AppLaunch
- Senior full stack developer at PetsApp
- Head of Marketing & Communications at CitizenLab