We’re building a completely new way for people to collaborate on creative projects, and we’re looking for a Backend Engineer to help build the next generation of our platform.
Daisie is the place where creative people come together to share and collaborate on their work.
As an engineer at Daisie you’ll be building the web platform used every day by creatives around the world. With that in mind, we want to find hardworking, problem-solving engineers who’re inspired by the challenges we're facing.
Ideally you’ll have demonstrated experience in creating services that power great products, and can show the significant impact that your work has had on the product and/or the team. You’ll have experience collaborating directly with frontend engineers and designers, to deliver great user experiences.
We always try to strike a balance between using the best tools for the job, while at the same time not being afraid to try new technology, approaches and methodologies.
As a key member of a small, dynamic company, you will have a lot of autonomy, creativity and impact, getting involved at all levels of the product lifecycle, with the support of a great team around you.
We’re really passionate about the future of creative collaboration and we want you to be too!
- Proficient using Docker, and ideally managing infrastructure with Terraform
- Knowledge of relational databases (we use PostgreSQL)
- Comfortable with wider engineering tooling and concepts (Git, CI/CD)
- You’re passionate about creating great digital products and putting them in the hands of customers
Bonus points (but not essential):
- Experience designing and building distributed systems
- Experience with realtime software communication using WebSockets
What we offer:
- A highly competitive salary
- 33 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- A great working environment in our East London office
- The kit for you to do your best work: a new MacBook Pro with extra screens
- A personal training budget for you to spend as you wish: attend your favourite conference or take that course you’ve always been meaning to get around to
Applying to daisie:
Our interview process typically consists of an initial phone screen, a take-home code test, and an on-site interview with engineers and the wider Daisie team.
This role is based in London, UK.
If what we’re doing sounds exciting, please apply below, we look forward to hearing from you!
Salary range £60,000 — 80,000
More like this
- React & React Native Developer at ev.energy
- Senior Account Executive at Textio
- Backend Engineer (Python, Go, AWS) at Citymapper
- Head of School Partnerships at ImpactEd
- Software developer at Applied
- Development Operations (DevOps) Specialist at Cambridge Cancer Genomics (CCG.ai)
- Business Development Associate at Dataswift
- Growth and Marketing (Associate!) at Dataswift
- Frontend or Backend Developers at Pirate Studios
- Software Developer at Karakuri Ltd