A bit about the us...
The Bakery is the most exciting business in London right now.
We are on a mission to make the world a more entrepreneurial place and, over the last five years, our brilliant team have designed and built a unique model and process which brings together the world’s biggest corporates with the best entrepreneurs and startups - to truly make innovation happen. We have continually iterated and refined our model to achieve something that no one else has: taking over 50 new technologies to market which we’ve done by partnering corporates with the best early stage startups. We have scaled significantly over the past five years and now operate from four global hubs: UK, US, Brazil and Australia.
About the role...
We are now seeking a mid-level consultative Business Development professional whose role it will be to support our sales pipeline across all key territories, with a core focus on the UK. This is an opportunity to learn how to engage with multinational corporations to sell high level and complex innovation programmes on a global scale, and for the right candidate will be a platform towards leading the entire sales organisation.
The purpose of this role is to generate leads amongst prospective clients. Ideal candidates must demonstrate a proven track record in solution sales with experience cold calling, planning and presenting in face to face meetings with senior stakeholders, as well as taking a relationship-focused approach to client acquisition.
Reporting to the Head of Sales & Marketing, you will also work closely with the Co-Founders and rest of the Sales & Marketing team.
- Set meetings and grow The Bakery’s pipeline of corporate client accounts
- Build a high quality database of relevant leads
- Main focus is the UK, but will need support on our activities in other regions e.g. Brazil, Australia, US etc
- Implement your own sales plan that helps to achieve The Bakery’s overarching goals and objectives, whilst also supporting other teams in the business
- Learn and understand The Bakery’s market position and offerings as well as the competitive landscape in order to represent the business online, over the phone, at events and in face-to-face meetings
- Review systems and tools in place & help improve existing sales processes
- Research relevant targets to generate qualified new business leads & build a database of all leads
- Follow up on all inbound and warm leads, moving them through the pipeline appropriately to ensure follow up and that leads do not drop out
- Work closely with the Marketing and Events Managers to build our communities
- Put together targeted campaigns to reach specific audiences in the corporate sector
- Cold call and email marketing
- Help with proposals and contracts
- Provide weekly and monthly reporting to the management team
- Other duties as required
A bit about you...
We’d love to meet someone with a proven track record in solution sales, perhaps from an agency background or somewhere that uses a consultative sell to land new clients.
You’ll need to have the drive and determination to work without structure, process and support. We are a small but fast-growing company, so this is a fantastic opportunity to get your sleeves rolled up and learn by doing – and grow with us!
Life at The Bakery...
Working at The Bakery is a unique opportunity to learn from the best entrepreneurs and investors, to take on their mindset, attitudes and beliefs and apply them to the world’s biggest corporates - making real stuff happen.
You’ll fit in if you are about:
- Believing in possibilities
- Being real
- Getting it done
- Making things better
We offer great perks like:
- Fully stocked kitchen with amazing coffee, drinks and snacks
- Macbook + brand merch
- 20 days holiday + bank holidays & extra days at Christmas
- Great space work - with an outdoor space to use in Summer
In return we offer a fast-paced, dynamic environment where you’ll be privy to some of the most exciting developments in the world of tech today. We are a sociable office and have regular team outings and events that you will become a huge part of.
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- Lead Software Engineer - with CTO potential at Grow Biotech plc
- Customer Success Manager at Rotageek Ltd
- Executive Assistant at Lyvly
- Customer Service Executive at Lyvly
- Strategic Business Development Manager at Gravity Sketch
- Software Engineer at Alterest
- Sales Manager / Business Development Manager at We Make Websites
- Infrastructure Engineer at re:infer
- Senior Software Engineer at FreeAgent