entrepreneur is looking for an additional team member to assist them with the
varied duties for running their companies, as well as some personal
administrative tasks. There are two main businesses that you will be helping to
build; a property management & development business and a tech start up.
Both of the businesses, and the various roles within them will be varied, and
so suits someone who likes an ongoing challenge and is comfortable wearing many
‘hats’ in their job.
You must enjoy and be fluent in technology for the role. This means that you are completely competent in all standard software such as Microsoft Office; including things like using formulae in Excel, creating charts and graphs or Mail Merge in Word. Because we use a few different software platforms to run our businesses, you must also possess the ability to pick up new software quickly and intuitively. To name a few tools we use: slack, trello, dropbox, close.io, etc. Please do not apply for this role if you do not feel that you have excellent computer skills.
For the property development and management company, the primary responsibilities will be managing the accounts, rent collections, and keeping the database of tenants up to date. You will also be responsible for organising ongoing maintenance of the properties, keeping an up-to-date list of maintenance required as well as suppliers. You will also need to manage Airbnb bookings. For the development side of things, you will need to have a keen eye for detail, be able to manage a project including arranging delivery of items at the appropriate time and interior fit out of properties.
For the tech company, you will be involved in helping to raise finance for the start up. Managing best practices and processes as we set up and the general administration of the company.
The right person will be completely organised, trustworthy, and willing to go the extra mile. You will be able to problem solve and able to implement processes and best practices to keep everything running smoothly.
The ideal person will be able to use their own initiative, and happy working independently while carrying out a wide variety of tasks. The ability to run a project from start to completion is a vital aspect of this.
· Excellent computer skills
· Bookkeeping skills (previous use of Xero or QuickBooks a benefit but not essential)
· Tech savvy, able to pick up new software easily
· Well spoken and able to write English fluently and clearly.
· Use of Office programs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook or Gmail
· Diary planning
There will also be some personal administrative tasks involved in this role. Such as paying bills, organising returns or collections etc.
Next step: Please send your recent CV and cover letter. We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible. Shortlisted candidates be required for phone interviews as soon as possible, with face to face final interviews afterwards.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary range £28,000 — 33,000
Dependent on experience
More like this
- Creative Junior Growth Manager at Taz.com
- Full stack developer/CTO at GigList
- Product Co-Founder or Product Manager at The Lifefulness Project
- Sales Lead Executive for B2B Digital Product at Itoma 3D Tech
- Business Developer at The Nature Boys
- Estate Agent at Keller Williams London Bridge
- Growth Marketing Manager at Finance Unlocked
- Marketing Analyst at Vitl
- Senior Developer / Team Lead at Spork Digital Ltd
- Business Development Manager - Space Hunter at Appear Here