Who we are
Wine is the UK's most popular alcoholic drink – and yet knowledge is held by the 0.5%. Perceptions of elitism and snobbery are rife. When you do decide you want to get into wine, there's just so much to take in. And when you splash out, good wine is so often hit and miss.
We are here to end that.
Wine List is on a mission to empower wine lovers with thirst and knowledge. We help you learn in a simple, incremental and non-pretentious way. And we provide you access to interesting wines you won't ever find in the supermarket to discover while you learn.
Equal opportunities employer We are committed to providing equal opportunities, regardless of race, religion, beliefs, ethnic origin, disabilities, gender identity, sexual orientation, class, or any other basis.
How we view Community
We believe that Community is what glues the world together. Now more than ever, the connections you make with others are vital. From a product perspective, we believe that it is community which will provide long term retention, customer lifetime value, and virality.
We see Community as everything from in-person events, through to self-hosted tasting parties, through to discussion forums on topics, through to groups connecting learners together.
We need to prove that Community is effective for us.
Who you are
Someone obsessed by the idea of Community. You needn't have had a specific role in it yet – mostly because we need to experiment heavily with how we approach it.
We need someone who can come in, understand our customers, then experiment heavily and fast to discover what is needed.
You will be confident in talking to people – both in-person and online, and be platform-agnostic. You will find relationship-building as easy as you find analysing results of experiments in Excel.
What we're looking for in you
- [ ] Obsessed by startups that have grown through Community: AirBnb, Monzo, Depop, Github, Rapha, Etsy, Duolingo, ProductHunt, the list goes on.
- [ ] Highly analytical: we don't do things because of hunches, so we need to prove that hypotheses are correct – and that's where your analytical ability comes in
- [ ] Hyper organised: whether it's planning an event, hypothesising on an experiment, or managing user lists, this is going to require serious organisation
- [ ] Channel agnostic: we don't know yet whether message boards or in-person dinners will be our sweet spot, so we need someone who is comfortable experimenting across all channels.
- [ ] Confident in talking to people – and getting people talking: both offline and online, this will dominate the role.
- [ ] Entrepreneurial. Given you'll be setting this function up from scratch, this would suit someone entrepreneurial who wants to start their own company one day. Or maybe a PM. Or maybe a former growth team member.
What you'll get in return
- Competitive salary plus generous stock options – depending on experience
- 28 days holiday per year
- Wine perks: access to tastings, education, and winemaker days where we learn to make wine
- Office in Peckham, South London
- Be part of the founding team – you could be employee number three in a fast-growing wine company.
- Total ownership of this area – we believe this is going to be one of the dominant parts of our entire product. This is yours to build.
How to apply
Please complete the application form below. To apply, you need to provide your CV or LinkedIn, three bulletpoints (no more than 250 words) on why you're right for the role, and one reason why you want the job.
- If you have any further questions, please email [email protected].
More like this
- Technical Architect at The ODI
- Wholesale Lead at Anther + Moss
- Digital Marketing & Events Internship - ASAP start at sprinters
- Senior Software Engineer at Visualist
- Account Strategist / Account Manager at We Make Websites
- Full Stack Engineer (m/f/d) at Webgears Group
- Digital & Social Media Marketing Manager at Engage Britain
- Head of Client Services at We Make Websites
- Product Owner - Ecommerce Agency at We Make Websites
- Senior Full Stack Engineer at Commonplace