💡 About us
Sideways 6 exists to change the world for the better by bringing ideas to life. We believe that great ideas can come from anywhere and that giving employees a voice is the secret to business success.
Over 4 million employees from the likes of Sainsbury's, British Airways and Nestlé trust the Sideways 6 approach and we’re on a mission give 50 million people a voice. In 2021, Sideways 6 was named one of the Top 100 Mission-Led Organisations to Work For (read more here) thanks to our people.
We’re really proud of our 5-star reviews on Glassdoor and it’s a testament to the way we treat our employees. They are given lots of responsibility, lots of room to grow and develop and the chance to be part of something pretty special. The ‘Idea Beer’ probably helps too…💪 The Role
There are many types of COO but the perfect candidate for us would be a Type 2 as described here. This is a COO role with responsibility over all things financial strategy, planning and reporting.
You won't be put off by wearing many hats, be that setting up the company wide strategic OKRs or getting us ready for the next stage of growth. You'll be reporting directly into the CEO as part of the leadership team and will balance strategic initiatives with delivery of all things operations.
We’re solving a massive problem – companies need a way to give their employees a voice and find their best ideas. Given the position and trajectory we’re on, the COO position is a crucial one that will help write the story of what could be one of the London startup scene's key success stories over the coming years.
Join us for the ride.Responsibilities
- Financial Leadership and Strategy
- Help with development of business strategy including modelling special projects, forecasting and pricing models
- Lead on all financial initiatives to enhance business predictability and transparency
- Oversee the commercial health of the company, monitoring our financial performance, managing and co-ordinating actions when required
- Setting, tracking and managing our OKRs as well as reviewing quarterly
- Act as an advisor to the CEO and exec team on long-term financial decisions such as investment and capital decisions.
- Data and Business Intelligence
- Ownership of BI across the company, working with leaders and teams to track important data and owning the analysis and presentation of that data to aid in business decisions
- Reporting, and analysis
- Run comprehensive analysis on a regular basis including spend/cost (vs expectations, vs outcomes), important SaaS metrics (CAC, LTV, ARR Growth, Growth Velocity, etc.) and important departmental metrics (Sales pipeline growth and forecast accuracy, sales performance vs spend, etc.)
- Audit and improvement
- Oversee a review of all financial activity to-date, retrospectively looking for opportunities or improvements that will enhance efficiency/effectiveness.
- Ensure our company archives are up-to-date and maintained with key finance documents (alongside ensuring that the company is ahead of curve when it comes to compliance and reporting).
- Ownership of financial duties including EMI share scheme, R&D Tax Credits (with our hands-on accountant), Cap table management, Payroll and PAYE (with an accountant) and some obligations relating to our foreign subsidiaries.
- Experience and knowledge of enterprise SaaS. Has previously run or been part of a small team running operations at a growing SaaS startup
- A player, coach and leader - at least initially
- Life-long learner
- Data expert and an accounting and finance specialist (Bonus: Qualified ACA or CIMA/ACCA equivalent)
- Intimately familiar with Xero
- Ability to effectively scale a growing business
- A flawless track record regarding ethics and compliance.
- An awesome, open and vibrant start-up environment (currently remote, with a new office planned for Q2 2021)
- Flexible working hours
- Generous educational budget to use at your discretion
- Choose your own equipment
- Generous holiday allowance
- Competitive base salary and career progression plan
- Regular social company gatherings
- An annual summer party in the sun
- A stake in a high-growth business
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- Full Stack Developer at Landscape
- Head of Community at Uprise Academy
- Full Stack Software Engineer at Coefficient Systems Ltd
- Growth Marketing Manager at Blink - The Employee App
- Project Manager Marketing - Growth Hacking at 7pace
- Head of Education (ex-CTO / senior developer hire) at Sigma Labs XYZ
- Senior Product Manager at Genie AI
- QA Automation Engineer at Genie AI
- Growth Marketing Manager at Genie AI
- Agency Paid Ads Manager at Snowball Creations