EXCITING CO-FOUNDER OPPORTUNITY FOR EXPERIENCED AND
MOTIVATED FULL-STACK WEB DEVELOPER (LOCATION: LONDON)
‘Bringing Language Learning to Life’
Bili is the online language exchange for schools, revolutionising foreign languages teaching and connecting thousands of young people across the globe. We have grown fast, and now have 45 schools in 5 countries and over 3500 students interacting regularly through the platform. At a time when foreign languages ability is fast becoming a national priority, Bili offers a unique opportunity to schools to reengage students with real-life communication in a secure environment.
Bili was founded by Charlie Foot, who as a languages teacher created the platform to address a very real need he experienced. He has led the company from concept to reality, engaging users and shareholders with his passion and vision. He is ably supported by Stephen Foot, as strategic finance director, who with over 30 years’ experience in management consultancy provides a wealth of business expertise. We are looking for a co-founder with a similar drive who will complement these skills, with a good eye for UX, and scoping out and delivering future developments.
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented and motivated Full Stack Web Developer to advance an established and well-built platform. it will be integral to our success to be responsive to the needs of our fast growing user-base building confidence and trust in the product, while also seeking out innovative solutions as we move to monetisation.
The offer would include a salary of £40,000 and a generous equity package in a fast-growing and well-funded company.
- Relevant IT qualification or demonstrable experience gained in a similar role.
- 3+ years web development, 3+ years of developing web systems using Objected Oriented PHP, developing scalable web services across multiple platforms.
- You will also be required to help build proposals and timeframes for new web projects in conjunction with the management team.
- Technical documentation and diagrams, problem solving and a willingness to keep knowledge updated.
- Take a framework orientated approach.
- Object Oriented PHP
- HTML 5/CSS/SASS
- Experience over IE8+
- Business focused IT leader
- Looking for the opportunity to join a well-founded start up at an early stage
- Good eye for UX/UI
- Build and help analyse analytics
- Passionate about education (interest and ability in foreign languages preferred)
- Team player
Salary range £35,000 — 40,000
Dependent on experience, with generous equity package
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- Multilingual Digital Marketeer at Bili
- Front end engineer at Fluidly
- Software Engineer at DevicePilot
- Front End Developer (React, Redux, CSS) at Twine
- Senior Full Stack Developer - Full Time at Staffably
- Senior Full Stack Developer - Contract at Staffably
- Product Manager at The energy Loop
- Senior Front-End Developer at Series Eight
- Marketing Executive at LOVESPACE