The most dynamic start-up in the events industry needs a Customer Success Manager to help take our platform to the next level. We're looking for someone who's ready to hit the ground running and build stronger relationships with our customers. If you're looking for the next step in your career, you'll be in the right place.
More about the role
Your primary responsibility will be to support and manage client retention, decrease churn and build new revenue with existing clients. You’ll also proactively monitor the performance of venues, making sure successful on-boarding procedures are in place and looking at ways to automate and self-serve our product.
You’ll also be responsible for implementing systems and automation around client satisfaction, net promoter scores, communication and feedback, and you’ll lead how this impacts the ongoing development of the platform.
You will be perfect for the role if, like us, you believe in building products that people love. You’ll be solution orientated, positive, adaptable and customer focused. You’re the type of person that never drops the ball and is always one step ahead of the curve.
As we are in a start up, with a test and measure mindset, the role can be demanding but with loads of opportunity to build your career and have ownership. We’re a small high-performing team, looking for someone special to add to our company culture.
What you will be doing over the next 12 months
- We’ll help you quickly become familiar with the product and grasp a thorough understanding of the roadmap, current systems and our model.
- You’ll establish relationships with all our customers, ensuring their overall satisfaction with the Canvas product.
- Improving the quality of the service we deliver to our customers, increasing renewal rates and reducing churn
- Managing our growing renewal portfolio of venues, scheduling and leading face to face account management meetings and securing new terms with our customers
- Managing a customer support and billing executive to ensure you can focus on high priority projects, systems and higher value clients.
- Proactively identifying and pursuing upsell opportunities across our full client database.
- Assessing and understanding our customers via our customer success platform, and developing systems to segment and automate data collection of their satisfaction and health scores
- Onboarding new venues onto the platform and ensuring positive adoption rates of new products
- Understanding the success of individual customers via our customer success platform and creating automated content trigger points to engage with customers proactively.
- Compiling data for business reviews and contract renewals
- Collecting, analysing and sharing customer feedback with the sales and marketing teams, and using it to inform product development
- Communicating directly with our engineers to help develop and improve the product and deal with bug reporting.
- Improving team processes and contributing to the company's vision and strategy as well as the Canvas’s overall growth
- Collaborating with the sales and concierge teams to understand where at-risk customers exist and formulating a plan to mitigate churn
- Creating a proactive approach to customer success by delivering an automated customer success platform with built in feedback, support ticketing and data links with our customers.
More about you
- You’re a positive person with a can-do & will-do attitude
- You love developing relationships – both on the phone and in person
- You prefer working in a team rather than alone, and you’re always looking at ways to collaborate
- You enjoy working efficiently and with a systemised approach – and you love a good spreadsheet.
- You’re able to look objectively at your approach and report on how you might optimise, improve and evolve what you’re doing
- Be the change – you want to take ownership, lead projects, and be an integral part of the overall success of the company
- You can spot an opportunity, lead it and make it happen
- Excellent issue resolution and crisis management
- Your goal is to be an industry leader in customer success, and you’re passionate about developing and innovating using new technology
- You’re motivated by success and you’re a self-starter; highly driven to exceed your personal and professional targets
- You want to create new ideas and innovate, whilst always remembering ‘what’s best for the company?’
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in either account management and customer success, or equivalent history of a role focused on increasing customer satisfaction, adoption and retention.
- You are a positive and collaborative team player.
- You’re excited to work in a start-up, where time is critical, things change frequently, and you are able to adapt easily.
- You’re adept at managing tough conversations in a professional and solution-oriented manner.
- You have demonstrable experience with subscription based & renewal focused models.
- You’ve the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with multiple stakeholders.
- You have excellent communication and negotiation skills, with great written and oral presentation skills in English (similar to native level).
- You have a strong track record in managing a mix of small and large customer accounts with a focus on achieving a high renewal/retention rates.
- You have the desire to make a difference and be a part of something extraordinary
- Access to an external business coach once a month
- Pension scheme
- VIP invites to some of London’s newest restaurants, film previews and venue showcases
- Part of a creative, collaborative, hardworking and passionate team
- An open and friendly culture
- A well facilitated office, with Friday breakfasts, drinks, shared lunch-a-thons (hello Fun Lunch Fridays!)
- Quarterly team offsites and trips away for key milestones.
- 31 days holiday (incl. bank holidays)
For busy event planners who don’t have time to call every venue in London, Canvas is a marketplace with handpicked venues to suit every event. Canvas is totally free for event planners to use, so our users get the best deal a venue can offer – always.
Unlike an event agency, we don’t charge commission and there are no hidden fees. Our venues pay an annual membership fee for their listing on the site and they handle most event enquiries directly.
We've got hundreds of exciting and unique spaces, from spacious converted warehouses and majestic stately homes, to old industrial pumping stations, and beautiful little Soho cafes. The great news is there is a huge demand for what we are doing. Canvas generates high value leads with big returns for our venues. So almost every meeting with a new space ends with ‘where do I sign?’
Canvas is a dynamic start-up and no day here is ever the same. In almost 6 years we have created a loved brand in the events industry, and our platform brings millions of pounds worth of enquires each month to our venues. 500 of London’s most prestigious and venues are proud to be Canvas Members, and we’ve set our sights on every venue in the city and beyond.
Why join us?
You’ll have responsibility from day one.
After several recent product iterations, we are ready to roll out our customer success platform to all our venues. This is the key for helping us shift our business to the next level by becoming a leading platform which speaks to the higher end of the market
That’s where you come in. You will have your name stamped on all of this, and you’ll be a key person to help us drive the business forward by fighting churn and driving our product forward via insights and automation.
Part of ‘The Collective Group’
Canvas was incubated by the Collective Group, London’s leading film and photography location agency. We all operate under one collaborative and creative roof in our bright, open-plan office in Holborn. Being at the centre of the filming and events world, we also get invited to tons of freebie events, secret gigs, private screenings, product launches and venue showcases.
We put a lot of emphasis on team unity, collaboration and personal development. We have a strong honest and open bond in the office, and we all enjoy working together. We create an inspiring place where we work hard but have loads of fun along the way too. We regularly find opportunities to celebrate our successes with invites to some of the most exciting event spaces in London and trips to celebrate key milestones.
Our core values are:
Collaboration | Positivity | Curiosity | Humour | Self-motivated | Efficient |Shared Ownership | Driven
We value professional development. You will embark upon a programme of training and self-development via an external business coach and with one of our founders. This is a unique direct line to improve the skills and experience of all our staff. It is critical we all keep learning and training to keep work fresh, fun and engaging.
Position: Customer Success Manager
Employment: Full Time
Where: Former Central St Martin’s campus, Holborn, London
Package: 30-35k Basic with 5k Bonus OTE
Incl. 31 days annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays)
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying, you will need to include the word “Guava” in your cover letter so we know you made it all the way through the job description!
Please forward your cv and covering letter, stating why:
- You would be a good fit for this role
- How your experience is relevant
- Which of your skill areas you are looking forward to developing the most
Equal Opportunity Statement
Canvas is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit and business need. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be - so if you have any access requirements for your interview, please let us know in your cover letter and we will work with you to ensure we can accommodate your needs. Please rest assured that informing us of any access requirements or assistance you may need will have no impact on our decision-making process for the role.
Salary range £30,000 — 35,000
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- 😇 Support Specialist at Beam
- Lead Engineer at Tab.
- Full-stack developer at SharpCloud
- Full-stack Software Developer at Reducer
- Head of Product at Verisart
- Software developer at Applied
- Frontend or Backend Developers at Pirate Studios
- Full Stack Lead at Stairway
- Statutory Accountant at ihorizon
- Product Design Lead at OurPath