GatherContent is a content operations platform that helps teams produce high quality content, at scale.
Customers use our platform to manage the people, and process, for producing brilliant content that meets user needs.
We work with leading digital agencies, higher education institutions, governments, non-profits and membership organisations. Some of our customers include Digitas LBI, Harvard University, The Australian Government and Doctors without Borders.
We launched in 2012 and now help thousands of customers, all over the world.
Our team is fully remote, working from all over the UK.
We're looking for an experienced, UK-based Customer Success Manager who wants to be part of a remote-working, fast growing startup - we’ve been around for a few years.
You’ll be the first port of call for customer communications.
- Start date: as soon as possible
- Pay: dependent on what you can bring to the table
- Working remotely anywhere in the UK (we offer budget for co-working spaces or to support your home office)
Please be aware that although the position is remote, we will need you to travel to London during the interview process, and attend a team day (usually in London) every four months.
What we need
- Your undivided passion, energy, focus and enthusiasm for both the role and our business
- A self-starter attitude with experience managing and prioritising your own workload
- An ability to get things done quickly (whilst maintaining quality); working to a pace
- A team-player who works well with others as well as individually
- Strong opinions, loosely held - you have no fear when it comes to contributing ideas and participating in discussions with the team. You’re also happy to take critique, self-improve and move forward fast
- Innovation - you need to be open and willing to adopt new ways of working. Our processes are constantly evolving and we always look to take a lean approach
- Customer focus - You should always be thinking, “What can I be doing to deliver the most value to our customers?” A strong desire to provide them with the best possible support
- Integrity - you do the right thing and know how to set expectations
- Direct feedback - you’re comfortable giving and receiving feedback
- Continuous improvement - you’re always looking for ways to better yourself and company processes
- Wellness - you live a balanced routine and avoid heroism and burnout
What the role will entail and the skills we're looking for
- Providing our users with excellent customer support
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Good at understanding customer requirements and providing timely responses - where possible going above and beyond. As a part of this, great at managing customer expectations
- Strong technical aptitude, ability to learn software programs and help customers with these - that could be our own software, services we integrate with or the ecosystem of software we use for our business
- Providing customers with demos (recorded and live) of our product and confidently talking them through key features and benefits - so not only knowing our product inside out, but also presenting it with confidence
- Proactively contacting customers and helping them get the best value out of their trial or subscription
- Helping onboard new customers - with automated messages we send and training we offer
- Governing our online Help Centre and Changelog - this involves ensuring it's up-to-date, well structured, well written.
- Creating and improving help documentation
- Capturing all reported bugs and issues - communicating these to the product team. Investigating bugs, classifying these and reporting these
- Passing on all product feedback and feature requests to our Product Director. Advocate customer needs/issues across our company
- Tracking and reporting on key customer success metrics. Where possible providing commentary and recommendations.
- Working with other teams in our company to produce and deliver resources that help our customers succeed
- Proactively providing well considered recommendations on how we can improve our reactive and proactive support as a company - how can we make our customers more successful?
- Maintaining our Customer Success internal handbooks to ensure all our team and new staff can (when necessary) easily assist with support
- Working closely with other teams to offer support during product updates
- When required, leading Customer Success project work
- At least one year of customer success, support or account management experience
- A knowledge and passion for content
- Working knowledge of popular content management systems, such as Wordpress and Drupal
- Writing customer facing content and documentation
- Ideally worked on a website project
- Experience with Intercom, Net-Promoter-Score platforms and Trello
- Remote working
- Worked in a startup environment
- Experience with or working knowledge of GatherContent
- Experience with billing platforms like Stripe and Recurly
- Project management
What we can offer you
- Remote working: work from anywhere within the UK (so long as there’s WIFI!)
- Family friendly: family always comes first, supported by our flexible outlook
- Work/life balance: we work a 35 hour week and encourage downtime and a healthy lifestyle. It’s about quality over quantity (one of our values is wellness!)
- 32 days annual leave
- The chance to make a real impact on our business: We’re a small team of 19 people, so there’s a huge opportunity for everyone to contribute, collaborate and make their mark.
- Fun times: We get together at the London office every four months for a team day. Past activities have varied from anything like volunteering on a city farm to doing a 3D printing workshop or just making lots of chocolate truffles :)
- Competitive salary, stock options, pension and other benefits such as remote working budget
You need to include the word ‘aubergine' in your cover letter to show that you’ve read the job role (this helps us weed out time wasters!)
Closing date: 31 June, 2018
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status
Salary range £30,000 — 40,000
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- Technical Operations Specialist at Monzo
- Software Engineer at Reincubate
- Back-End Developer (Python) at Stylindex
- Customer Service Manager at Midrive Limited
- Engineering Manager at Monzo
- Marketing Lead at Laka
- Software Developer at Capital Pilot
- Partnerships Lead at Laka
- Software Engineer at Ding Products
- Marketing Lead at Dem Dx