We are looking for a summer intern (although the internship
could be longer if availability permits) with an interest in Data Science,
Software Development and Sustainability. Neural Alpha is a unique consultancy
& software development company applying innovative Connected Data
approaches (graph databases, semantic & related technologies) to
Sustainable Investment & other complex requirements within the Financial
Services industry. We help NGOs, financial institutions and investors maximise
the sustainability credentials of their investments – using these technologies
to minimise investments in deforestation, carbon intensive activities &
other areas. Our team is based in Vauxhall & Warsaw (Poland) and due to
expanding consultancy requirements we are hiring.
The role features full training and is a rare and exciting opportunity to intern at an innovative startup with a great culture, friendly people and a great location in Vauxhall (London).
Ideally the candidate will have a Computer Science background and demonstrable work experience and portfolio pieces illustrating front & back end programming skills. It is also useful to have experience in using semantic technologies, graphql, graph databases, Natural Language Processing (NLP) and machine learning techniques.
- Demonstrable interest in sustainability / sustainable investing.
- Undergraduate degree (completed or pending) in a related STEM subject – e.g. Computer Science, Informatics etc. desirable but not essential
- Experience of Python coding a big plus
- Experience of working with graph databases / RDF / Linked Data highly desirable
What we offer:
- Fantastic on the job training scheme in core data / software development skills
- Free Office gym membership included
- Great office location in the heart of Vauxhall - we’re based in a co-working space with free breakfasts every Monday, free social beers on a Friday, kitchen, bike storage & showers
Salary & hours:
London Living Wage – currently £10.55 per hour based on 25+ hours per week
Note for recruiters:
We do not at present deal with recruiters so we kindly ask that you don't contact us. Please note that any CVs / profiles sent to us will be treated as a gift and any unsolicited emails / telephone calls reported where they breach GDPR & other data privacy regulations.
Salary range £15,000 — 20,000
London Living Wage Hourly rate
More like this
- Back-end PHP (Laravel) Developer at Eventcube
- Senior Product Manager at Rotageek
- Head of Web Development at Forward Action
- Front-end Developer at Inktrap
- Full Stack Engineer at Expensify
- European Sales Manager at Flash Pack
- Digital Marketing Manager (Social / Analytics) at KOTA
- Operations Manager at OnCare
- Impact and Partnerships Manager at ImpactEd
- Data Analyst at Zero Deposit