Data Scientist opportunity at a rapidly expanding, young FinTech group, building an AI-driven ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) product for investors. This is a unique opportunity to join us at an early stage where you will have significant responsibility and the chance to make a real impact on the business.
We are a group drawn from elite academics and Finance professionals who are revolutionising sustainable investing using cutting-edge technologies including cloud computing, machine learning and NLP. We believe that economic value creation can and should be combined with environmental stewardship, social inclusion and sound governance.
You will have excellent academics, Data Science and technology experience (Python essential), preferably with Financial Services exposure.
Role & Responsibilities
- Develop and assist with building the structured and unstructured data pipelines
- Supporting work involving client reporting and communication
- Opportunity to work on thought leadership pieces to be published
- Curate and enhance datasets for the reporting of ESG data for investment strategies
- Build, maintain and enhance toolkits for the efficient regular reporting of ESG and related data at scale
- Actively build and share knowledge and solutions for ESG concepts, data, data providers and new datatypes
- Help defining and maintaining data related policies, data definitions, provenance, and quality rules
- Document processes and maintain data records
Technical Skills & Competencies
- Python – advanced level including data science libraries; ability to test and implement concepts/ideas quickly in code
- MS Office – including advanced Excel
- SQL – intermediate level preferred
- Business analysis experience is preferred
- Some knowledge/experience of cloud computing – knowledge of Google Cloud Platform particularly desirable
- Knowledge of GitHub helpful
- Building scalable machine learning models would be considered a massive advantage
- NLP knowledge and experience is very desirable
- Experience in developing and leading projects, delivering solutions and working with deadlines
Background Experience & Behavioural Competencies
- Outstanding academic background; minimum 2:1 in a scientific and/or numerate subject from a leading academic institution
- Post grad in mathematical, scientific, technical subject desirable
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills
- Possess well developed interpersonal skills
- Good decision making/problem solving skills
- Contribute and add value within a small team environment
- Commercial mindset with a view as to how technical work relates to improving our clients’ experience
- Intellectually curious team player; very bright with an energetic approach
- Work with the largest asset allocators in the world
- Work with top-tier fund management groups
- Develop cutting-edge technology
- Potential to work with our academic partners and produce thought leadership pieces
- Be at the forefront of AI revolutionising ESG investing!
- Competitive remuneration package
- 25 days holiday, plus Bank Holidays
If you don’t think you embody all of the above criteria, please still consider applying! This role (and therefore the requirements) is broad, and we’d be excited to discuss how you see yourself contributing across it!
Please note that due to the high volume of applicants responding to our adverts we are regrettably not able to feedback on all applications; only successful candidates will be contacted.
Our Employment Pledge
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- Full Stack Software Engineer at Coefficient Systems Ltd
- Growth Marketing Manager at Blink - The Employee App
- Project Manager Marketing - Growth Hacking at 7pace
- Head of Education (ex-CTO / senior developer hire) at Sigma Labs XYZ
- Senior Product Manager at Genie AI
- QA Automation Engineer at Genie AI
- Agency Paid Ads Manager at Snowball Creations
- Data Mentor at Decoded
- Business Development Manager at Request
- Full-Stack Developer at Placed