We’re Ratio. We make software and websites. Our main thing is building price comparison technology for the personal finance market. We also run a price comparison website called Choose Wisely. And, we’re incubating something new.
We believe in simplicity, intuitive design, learning new things, bacon, fonts, family, personalisation, leopard print, gaffer tape, ergonomics, new technology, cake, fluorescent colours, functional aesthetics, pink (a lot of pink), sunsets, minimalism, getting messy, beards, new shoes, working hard, messing about, ASOS deliveries, Sunday roasts, bright red lipstick, WD40, opening experiences, whiteboards, spinning, Post-it notes, real time dashboards, and acoustic covers of pop songs.
We're looking for a data scientist to enhance our analytical capabilities and harness the data we have to propel the business forwards.
Data science at Ratio
This is a new role, so being a self-motivated, problem solver who can take ownership, learn and use initiative to drive forward the quality and extent of the business' insight is essential. You’ll work from our studio, situated in the heart of Bournemouth’s business district. You’ll be a part of a 6-person operations team, working across the executive function and both our Growth and Engineering teams. You'll provide data-led intelligence and be an agent of constant change throughout the business, drawing data from 3rd party services as well as bespoke internal systems. You'll use that data to analyse and model, then instigate changes based on your findings in an effort to constantly improve the performance of our software, sites and marketing communications. You'll probe and test, and challenge assumptions and "known" truths.
You'll fit in well if you...
- are trustworthy, honest and operate with a high degree of integrity;
- are curious about new technologies and pragmatic about getting things done;
- are meticulous, exacting, precise and care about delivering to a high standard;
- have experience of using a BI tools and knowledge of a language such as SQL, R, Matlab, Python, or Julia;
- are bright, outgoing, intelligent and a great communicator with a track record of success in whatever it is you do; and
- have excellent analysis skills with the ability to manipulate and interpret data, make recommendations and see them through to implementation.
- Regular socials
- Your birthday off
- Competitive Salary
- Contributory pension
- 08:00 - 16:00 working day
- Free cake, bacon, beer, gin, wine
- Collaborative working environment
- MacBooks, monitors, quality chairs, and whatever else you need to get your job done