We're currently on the lookout for talented designers to join us in our (pretty awesome) London studio.
So if think you’ve got what it takes to create digital products and services that break new ground for some of the biggest brands on the planet, we can’t wait to hear from you.
About the role:
At Potato, best in class software development and human-centred design are at the heart of everything we do. We’re a talented bunch of problem solvers who are committed to finding a better way; delivering smarter products that provide more satisfying experiences and more valuable outcomes for our clients and their users. Our clients include Google, Mozilla and the BBC.
As a design team, we want to appeal to both the head and the heart. As a designer we expect you to be able to constantly question and reassess both your own work and that of your team to make sure you’re delivering the right kind of experience for the intended audience.
We know that designers come in many different flavours and acronyms. We’re looking for someone who has the right mix of design thinking and practical skills, and is comfortable picking the right tools and activities for projects.
Whether it’s a rapid design and usability review of an existing app, or taking a project from requirements gathering to polished designs, prototypes and build you should be able to demonstrate clear design thinking and a thorough understanding of design principles, underpinned with evidence wherever possible and appropriate. You should be comfortable working both to clients’ existing design systems and starting completely from scratch on brand new projects with minimal guidance.
You’ll have strong, demonstrable experience shaping multiple parallel projects from inception, and you’ll confidently work collaboratively to discover, generate and communicate new ideas. For this role in particular, we're looking for strong demonstration of UX methodologies, but you are expected to contribute through the entire product design process - we don't separate form from function within our design practice.
You should have strong soft-skills and be confident presenting in front of clients and colleagues alike while thinking quickly. Written communication is also an essential part of the role and you should be comfortable analysing and communicating content requirements as well as producing well-worded deliverables for clients.
- Have a portfolio with strong demonstration of interaction design, with examples of projects that required system design thinking
- Be able to interrogate a problem by choosing the most suited activities for a project, as well as executing against the chosen approach. You can demonstrate a depth in your set of tools
- Have examples of interrogating a problem by choosing the most suited activities for a project, as well as executing against the chosen approach. You have demonstrated a depth in your set of tools
- Have examples of having run user research and requirements gathering, taking those insights into your work to show a solid grasp of user-centred design (UCD)
- Have worked worked collaboratively with other designers and developers
- Have examples of having had shared design thinking and recommendations with clients & colleagues
Ideally, you also:
- Have ran design sprints or other workshop-type activities with stakeholders
- You have worked in agile teams, delivering design across a series of sprints, working closely with developers
- Have used analytics to measure and validate your design work
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- Experienced Software Developer at Dexda
- Web Developer at Flash Pack
- Operations Associate at Lyvly
- React Developer at Rotageek
- Senior Product Manager at Rotageek
- Community Manager at Trussle
- Back End Developer at TVF Media
- Film - Systems Software Developer at Framestore
- Test Engineer at QuantSpark Ltd