Do you want to join us on our mission to shape democracies for the digital age? Are you looking for an international and fast-paced, yet collaborative and inclusive environment to thrive in?
You have come to the right place.
CitizenLab, a social impact scale-up with headquarters in Brussels and offices in New York, Amsterdam, Paris, and London, aims to make public decision-making more participatory, inclusive, and responsive. The SaaS platform is already being used by over 270 cities and municipalities in 15+ countries, facilitating two-way communication between governments and their residents. Since it was founded in 2015, CitizenLab has enabled 500,000+ community members to weigh in on the local topics they care about, and got recently recognized as 'Best Social Impact Startup in Europe'.
DevOps Engineer at CitizenLab
As our DevOps Engineer in our new Platform Squad, you will have a horizontal role to provide the software engineers (12) in our 3 product squads with an optimal development experience, and our customers with a solid platform.
Your main responsibilities include:
Be proactive in improving our infrastructure’s resilience, security, performance, and cost-effectiveness
Ensure service availability towards customers and internally
Provide developers with useful tooling to develop, deploy and monitor their work
Educate the team to grow their autonomy with respect to DevOps challenges
What do we expect from you?
As our DevOps Engineer, you’re expert and passionate about infrastructure and automation. You have:
Solid experience with AWS and other cloud providers, applying an infrastructure as code approach
Familiarity with container orchestration services like Docker Swarm and Kubernetes
Experience administering CI/CD tools like CircleCI
Linux server administration experience
Proven track record empowering developers by working closely with them
Experience as a web app developer is a bonus
Deeper understanding on PostgreSQL internals is a bonus
- Ability to relocate to Brussels is a plus, but not a hard requirement
Eagerness to learn, talent, and enthusiasm are more important than ticking the boxes though. Even if not all desired requirements are met, but you're very excited about the role, we want to hear from you.
What can you expect from us?
- Unlock your full potential and have a social impact at scale. Day-to-day we work with local government leaders across the world to help them connect with their communities.
- Become a key factor in our rapid transition from a startup to a scaleup (50 employees), and our expansion from Europe to the United States.
- Work in a fast-paced, collaborative, and supportive environment. We share a participatory culture of autonomy and ownership by everyone, not only by leadership.
- Be part of our dynamic, international team. We organize many team activities and afterworks (when possible). We are as serious about our work in digital democracy as we are about having fun on our journey together.
- Enjoy an informal work vibe with open communication and full transparency on results.
- Participate in leadership meetings, inspiring team lunches, our company book club, bi-quarterly strategic town halls, and yearly off-site team retreats.
- Spend 10% of your time on personal projects and self-development for the long run. We’re committed to both collective and individual growth.
- Receive a competitive salary package, incl. perks such as 26 paid holidays, a professional development budget, well-being budget, collective bonus plan, your own laptop, full flexibility on working from home, and much more.
CitizenLab is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, genders, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply.
Salary range £35,000 — 50,000
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- Senior Software Engineer at Hurree
- Solutions Architect at Hurree
- Technical Researcher at Hurree
- API Intergrations Specialist at Hurree
- Senior Backend Developer (Node.js) at Caravelo
- Full Stack Developer at Landscape
- Project Manager Marketing - Growth Hacking at 7pace
- Android Developer at AppLaunch
- Senior full stack developer at PetsApp
- Backend engineer at Everpress