The pet and pet care ecosystem is old and fragmented. Incumbents are detached from the changing emotional needs of pet owners, the customer experience/technology bar is low and companies are suffering from innovator's dilemma. The global market for pets is growing but the ‘Pet-Tech/Vet-Tech’ market is in its infancy. We have the multi-billion pound opportunity to use learnings from other markets to build the new model for a tech-enabled pet ecosystem.
This is what we think the right person MIGHT look like! We are open to being wrong.
* Be part of a culture of optimism.
* Be an owner.
* Values continual growth.
* Be an energy giver.
* Takes a long-term view.
* Thinks that working with the best people is the best perk available.
* Take the time to understand a person and situation.
* Spent 6 years + working in a well-respected tech company or started their own business.
* Still hands-on.
* Experienced in gauging the balance between scale, speed and future proofing.
* Has a strong network.
* Some experience with native app development.
* Some experience within financial or insurance projects.
* Experience in building multi-side platforms
We want someone to….
* Help build an environment and community that’s amazing to work in
* Make a real difference to pets and their owner's well-being.
* Have a passion for constant learning and value knowing the right questions to ask.
* Get excited about a multi-billion pound opportunity to use learnings from other markets and build the new model for a tech-enabled pet ecosystem.
* Lead the charge on the technical aspects of a multi-sided platform and an early stage startup
Experienced 2nd-time founders as well as having been at Farfetch, IBM, Tesco and run businesses in London, New York and China. If this has sparked anything in you, get in touch, even if you don’t meet exactly what we are looking for, we want to have a conversation. We don’t think we know everything and like nothing more than to share ideas. [email protected]
More like this
- Full Stack Developer at CAST
- Full Stack Developer at Ratio
- Senior Product Manager at Rotageek
- Front-end developer at Browser
- Software Engineer at Orkestro
- Client Success Manager at Inkpath Limited
- Head of Product & Technology at Everpress
- iOS and/or Android Developer at Cotham Technologies
- Senior Product Designer at Medopad
- Junior Project Manager at Lattimore and Friends