London | 20 - 30 employees
We’re on the hunt for a talented mobile engineer to work on an exciting (and seriously ambitious!) new urban mobility project led by the founders of Beryl. Working with some of the largest urban transportation organisations in the world, we are combining our expertise in creating innovative hardware with our vision to change the way people move around cities. We’re building a new team to lead the development of mobile and web products that will be used by cyclists, transport providers and fleet operators.
We place a high value on learning and personal growth, so you’ll have plenty of opportunity to explore new technologies and push your boundaries. We know realising our ambition can only be done by uniting smart thinking, brave design, innovative tech and nimble build. Our team brings all this together, resulting in a hugely exciting work environment.
- Developing and integrating exciting new hardware and capabilities for our products
- Writing and maintaining automated test infrastructure for embedded code including stubbed, simulated and HIL testing
- Implementation of manufacturing test software for automated board level tests and provisioning
- Supporting integration of on street hardware with backend cloud systems
- At least 3 years writing clean, robust and testable embedded C or C++, preferably on a small, fast moving team
- A degree in Computer Science / Electronic Engineering (or related field) or equivalent industry experience
- Comfortable working with embedded protocols such as SPI, I2C and serial and knowing their strengths and limitations.
- Experience building modular, robust embedded systems within the framework of an RTOS. (BARE METAL)?
- Proven experience developing applications with Python (or similar scripting language)
- Experience writing unit tests for embedded code
- Capable of operating in the hardware domain,able to read schematics and debug systems
- Experience in real time processing
- Experience developing for IoT devices and familiarity with wireless technologies and associated hardware (GSM, WiFi, BLE), low power modes and sleepy devices
- Developing with IoT services such as Amazon IoT, Azure IoT hub, Google IoT or similar
- Comfortable working in a server side Linux environment
- Experience with lightweight networking protocols such as MQTT or CoAP
- Something about debugging hardware and lab equipment
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- Experienced Software Developer at Dexda
- Web Developer at Flash Pack
- Operations Associate at Lyvly
- React Developer at Rotageek
- Senior Product Manager at Rotageek
- Back End Developer at TVF Media
- Film - Systems Software Developer at Framestore
- Test Engineer at QuantSpark Ltd
- Full stack Developer at QuantSpark Ltd