Ever thought the premium you pay for your car insurance is opaque and unfair? Well, that’s because it is. At Cuvva we have fixed this by allowing you to insure yourself on a car for as little as an hour, via an app. No more meerkat toys, no more singing tenors, we have cut out all the middlemen and built our own insurance platform from scratch. We're using it to change the way people buy and use cover, and the way they think about getting from A-to-B. It's all about providing insurance that fits.
As a tech-driven company, we are changing the way people engage with their insurance company, the way they buy insurance, and the way they think about borrowing a car.
We're a well-funded Techstars alum with significant traction; hundreds of thousands of people have downloaded the Cuvva app to insure themselves for the short and long term.
We started off with a simple proposition: car insurance for as little as one hour (up to 28 days) and we now have a subscription product that separates car ownership from driving. We are also looking to expand into different markets next year.
We are looking for a talented and motivated mid-to-senior software engineer who will raise our game and keep us on top. We have a generous share option scheme as we believe that everyone within the company should share in the success they help build.
We're looking for a software engineer who has held mid-senior positions on front-end engineering teams within high-growth, high-scale startups, who will operate with a high level of autonomy, ensuring impeccable reliability and availability. You care deeply about building applications with well thought out architecture, coupled with impeccable availability.
You will be developing applications against Cuvva's core platform. This will involve building applications for both customers to access and use Cuvva on the web - as well internal tooling, empowering our employee's to do their jobs more efficiently.
Aside from developing front-end applications, we expect you will also become relatively involved with ops and security activities, contributing towards the maintenance of our servers, AWS account, etc.
The perfect addition to our team will have:
- ability to work independently and/or in multi-disciplinary teams
- 3+ years' commercial experience working on front-end systems at high-scale startups
- at least a year of commercial experience working with React (experience with Redux is preferable)
- awareness of compliance and financial regulation
We are a small team so it is important that the successful candidate is not only technically highly competent, but also a great cultural fit!
Salary range £45,000 — 60,000
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- Cloud Infrastructure Engineer at Trussle
- React Developer at Rotageek
- Software engineer (all levels) at Trussle
- Full stack Web Developer (Node + React) at Trik
- Full-Stack Engineer at Trouva
- Node.JS / Full stack developer at SAM labs
- Product Lead at Plural AI
- Web developer (Back-end) at ODICCI
- Full stack developer at Cazana
- CEO, Co-founder at Convaio