Inktrap is a product design studio specialised in creating websites and apps for innovative clients, from ambitious startups to established corporations. We’re currently a five-person team working alongside talented freelancers from our co-working space in East London.
We’d like to expand our in-house development capacity so we're looking for a talented front-end developer to join the team. The role would especially suit someone with a few years experience who is now looking for a new challenge as part of an ambitious and fast-growing team.
As a Front-end Developer at Inktrap you'd be:
- Designing pages and screens in the browser
- Creating pattern libraries and design systems for larger projects
- Integrating websites with a content management system (normally Craft)
- Maintaining and updating our front-end tools and frameworks
This is a permanent role based at our office in East London, not remote.
Approximate start: April/May 2016
Skills and technologies
Below is a list of the skills and technologies that we'd like you to have but don't worry if they don't fit perfectly. As we're a small studio it's much more important that you're a great fit for the team rather than covering every point.
You should have the following:
- 1+ years of commercial web development experience
- Excellent understanding of HTML and CSS
- Able to accurately translate designs into code
- Strong communication, analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent attention to design and layout details
- Willingness to work independently and take the lead on projects
- Good standard of written and spoken English
Any of these would be a bonus:
- Experience designing websites or apps using Sketch
- Knowledge of BEM principles
- Experience using Git/GitHub for version control
- Able to use npm and task runners like Gulp
- Experience integrating content management systems (particularly Craft CMS and Jekyll)
- Experience using Ruby-on-Rails or working with other back-end frameworks
We’re looking for someone who shares our passion for making great products and can become a core part of our team.
- £25-32k, dependant on experience
- Small, tight-knit team so you’ll have a key role in the design/development of our products
- Fast-paced, varied work on web apps and websites for a wide range of interesting clients
- Work/life balance – we don't do unpaid overtime!
- Modern co-working space in East London
- Events and workshops focused on design and development
- Regular team lunches
- Coffee, tea, fruit water, free beer and cider on tap
- Great location (30 seconds from Aldgate East station)
To apply, complete the application form at the link below. We'll get back to you as soon as we can.
No recruitment agencies or outsourcing companies please!
Salary range £25,000 — 32,000
Dependent on experience
More like this
- Front-end Developer (web, Android, iOS) at Umbeya
- Back-end developer at Browser Group
- Software Engineer at LoyaltyLion
- Jnr Front-end developer at Browser Group
- Senior Software Engineer - Elixir/VR at Blend Media
- Front-end Developer at Hatched
- Full Stack Developer at Silicon Rhino
- Digital Designer Intern at Pirate Studios
- Full Stack / Backend Developer (web, Android, iOS) at Umbeya
- Lead full stack developer at Feedr