Colony is seeking a highly experienced front-end developer to take a lead role in the direction of our award-winning video-on-demand (VOD) technology under the new vision of our acquirer working in the sports media technology space.
This is a greenfield product opportunity, supplemented by existing proven VOD technology.
As the role progresses, the successful candidate will take a key role in shaping the direction of the new product and the front-end stack, and over time, building a front-end team. They will work as part of a small cross-functional team consisting of full-stack and back-end developers, designers and product specialists.
Immediate start would be ideal, but will consider candidates available in early 2018.
- Complete fluency
- A passion for
building modular, performant and reusable code
- A drive to
innovate and build creative new solutions to existing problems
- A desire to
build, understand and own work before reaching for the nearest library or
- A commitment to
web standards and progressive enhancement
- Ability to work
as part of team, help other developers when needed and mentor junior developers
understanding of overall system architecture and web technologies (e.g. databases,
APIs, REST, HTTP, etc.)
- A willingness to
build robust, tested software where all edge-cases are considered
- A strong
understanding of visual design principles, an opinion on design, and a desire
to produce visually beautiful work
working with HTML5 video and associated APIs
Competitive salary based on experience. Benefits will include participation in EMI options scheme and others.
More like this
- Full Stack Developer at Subsec
- Software Engineer | Full Stack (Lead) at Scape Technologies
- Lead Full Stack Developer - Web/ IOT at Archangel Imaging
- React Developer w/stock options (London FinTech) at Expend Ltd
- Senior Front End Developer (React) at Festicket
- Senior Linux OS Engineer at Framestore
- Senior JS Full Stack Developer at Policy in Practice
- Senior Back End Developer (Python/Django) at Festicket