CrowdJustice is changing the way people access the legal system. We are a well-funded, tech-for-good startup based in London that gives people a platform to make the law available to everyone. We’re using technology to solve a huge social problem and building a big business at the same time.
Since our launch in 2015 we’ve helped important cases raise millions in funding to challenge the government, go to the Supreme Court and change the law – plus we’ve been featured in the Guardian, FT, BBC, TechCrunch, NYT and more.
We're looking for both frontend and backend engineers of all experience levels to join our team in central London.
You'll be working on new features across the stack, writing high quality code for our internal systems and external-facing web application. Some current challenges that you could be working on:
- Handling our huge spikes in traffic – 100x in less than a minute at 4am. We need crowdjustice.com to be prepared for high-profile TV appearances, case launches, media pushes...and DDoS attacks.
- Empowering our users to make sure every CrowdJustice case is successful – work that has real purpose. We know what makes for a successful crowdfund and we’ve got years of data, which has given us ideas for lots of exciting, intelligent tools to build.
- Radically changing the way legal cases are funded. There’s huge space for disruption here, and we need to experiment with anti-fraud, AML and security at the forefront of everything we do.
We have a very light day-to-day process, with few meetings and a focus on working demos rather than huge upfront plans. You’ll be trusted to organise your own work, bringing together the right people to help you build the best product. Things move and change quickly and we need to be agile, so expect some work to be rigorously tested and some experiments...not to be. Mistakes are fine, especially if there's a good story to go with them!
We host on Heroku and use many other services where we can save development time, like Cloudflare, Papertrail, imgix and Sentry. You'll experiment with new technologies and services as we grow and we're keen to hear your ideas on where we can improve.
Tech interviews are often stressful so we've designed our interview process to be fair, friendly and responsive. There are no surprise technical questions, and you'll always be prepared for the next stage.
- 20-30 minute non-technical phone/hangouts chat about the role
- 1.5 hour on-site interview where we'll discuss some of the recent challenges at CrowdJustice, pair program some work and talk about your future
- If successful, a fair offer and the chance to join a well funded startup early on its mission to increase access to justice!
We welcome feedback. Let us know if you have any comments in your application!
- Competitive salary and share options. We all share in CrowdJustice's success
- Opportunity to join a well-funded startup early on its mission to increase access to justice and to do well by doing good
- High impact in your role. You’ll have the autonomy to develop and grow professionally as well as have a big impact in the business
- Learning a lot along the way. We encourage everyone to attend courses, talks and conferences and have regular 121s
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We'll be especially happy to see applications from underrepresented groups.
Salary range £40,000 — 60,000
Dependant on experience
More like this
- Communications and Content Marketing at Lyvly
- Customer Support Associate at OurPath
- Product Designer at Nested
- Product Designer at Nested
- Community Manager - Open Source at MindsDB
- Product Designer at Founders Factory
- Marketing & content associate at AVA Experience
- Chief Commercial Officer at MedicSpot
- Head of Inbound / Sales at The Nomad MBA
- Infrastructure Engineer at re:infer