Mendelian are building early detection/diagnosis systems to integrate with Electronic Medical Records. You would join our small, core team of clinicians, data scientists and software engineers (10 in total) who are tackling the most challenging diseases in the UK, EU and US. We are based in the buzzing tech centre of London (Old Street roundabout) and offer flexible working hours.
Our current project suggests specialist referrals to GPs who are struggling to find a diagnosis. We are looking for a fullstack developer to deliver web-based tools to help our medical team interpret billions of medical data points and to deliver reports to GPs.
Your code will actually improve lives. We target diseases that take doctors 5.6 years to diagnose and are misdiagnosed 2-3 times on average. You will give doctors superpowers and see first hand the impact of your hard work on the population.
Equity options available
- Develop and test web-based medical tools
- To capture feature requirements from our medical team
- To support our health economists and data science researchers with web-based tools to organise and visualise their data
- To encourage good software development processes and practices
The ideal candidate will have
- Experience with our stack (Flask, Postgres, React.js, Pandas)
- Proficiency in Python or a similar scripting language
- Ability to drive technical projects autonomously
- Really comfortable and opinionated on development tools (Docker, Terraform, Jenkins, ELK)
- Can put together basic full-stack web applications
- Familiarity with a scripting language (Python, Bash)
- Understands the importance of testing, monitoring and automated alerts
- You might know how to bake a good cake? if you do that'd be pretty cool!
- Sorry, but we will not sponsor VISAs, brexit or not, please do not apply if you don't have the right to work in EU.
- Our team is small, flat and fast-moving, which gives a degree of autonomy to our members not possible in bigger organisations. This is a chance for you to shape the technological fate of the company as an early team member. You will have lots of responsibility and autonomy from day one.
- You don’t have to know anything about Genetics or Bioinformatics but you must be ready to learn a lot on latest science discoveries and cutting-edge tech. Genetics is an industry in the making and one of the hottest topic at the moment (think what “internet” was in the early 90s)
- An opportunity to answer *Yes* to Larry Page’s famous question: “Are you working on something that can actually change the world? Yes or no? The answer for 99.9% of people in the world is ‘no’.”
This is a full-time, not a freelance/agency role, based in London. The nature of the position and its challenges are not meant for short-term dedication; we are looking for a driven team member not a contractor.
**APPLICANT MUST HAVE AN EU WORKING VISA**
Salary range £55,000 — 65,000
More like this
- Lead Engineer at Tab.
- Full Stack Developer at Ayima
- Software Engineer at RMP Enterprise
- Senior Product Designer at Bark.com
- Senior Product Designer at ZOE
- Head of Growth at EasyA
- Front-end developer at Everpress
- Join our Commercial Team at Theodo UK
- Full-Stack Developer at Flair Football
- Senior product designer at Zencargo