BeZero is looking for a highly skilled backend developer who has experience working with backend programming, leading and delivering multiple software development projects in a startup environment. We would like to find a driven, creative and intellectually curious individual looking to work with an exciting and innovative start-up to rethink and rebuild a decarbonised economy.
BeZero Carbon has developed an end-to-end decarbonisation service for clients. The next stage of our development is to productise parts of our process with software solutions.
Our initial focus is on productising our carbon offset offering. BeZero has developed a proprietary ratings framework for the voluntary carbon offset market. Our ratings are applied to offset projects in order to assess the quality of credits being issued. BeZero uses these ratings and broader risk-analytics to construct optimised or bespoke offset portfolios for our clients.
BeZero has an agreement with a third party that is developing a fully operational web-based database and an API for external application of ratings to projects. Working on delivering this and other projects will be a core aspect of the role, along with managing the technical aspects of the relationship with our partners.
- Work with cloud infrastructures (eg AWS - candidate to explain how they would deploy it and the configuration management tools such as terraform
- Experience building APIs consumed by third parties using the Django REST framework. Be able to work with HTTP or RESTAPIs built on top of Django REST framework
- Understand SQL injection attacks and mitigate against the OWASP top 10 security risks
- Experience with Git and continuous integration tools e.g circle ci, jenkins
- Experience using Trello, Atlassian (for example) to manage the development process
- Be able to explain your work and processes to a non-technical audience
The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of experience building MVPs. The salary is £40-60k depending on experience, with the potential for equity-based performance-related pay.
The candidate will report to BeZero’s CPO. The start date is as soon as possible.
Salary range £40,000 — 60,000
Dependent on experience
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- Front End Web Developer at Rasa
- Project Manager Marketing - Growth Hacking at 7pace
- Coding Coach at Sigma Labs
- Front-end developer at Taylor/Thomas
- Shopify / CMS Senior Front-End Developer at Series Eight
- Senior Product Designer (Product Team Lead) at Helical Levity Ltd.
- Head of Marketing at Renude
- Full stack developer at Una Health
- Team Lead at Butternut Box