You’re a product-obsessed software engineer. You can work in all layers of the stack. You’ve worked on a number of fully-formed software products that have been released into the wild. You’ll be working with the entire team in creating new customer-facing features, from idea, through prototype, to release and maintenance.
At Happiness Works we're passionate about creating a better world of work. We believe if more people genuinely enjoyed their work then everyone would benefit, including employees, customers and shareholders.
Founded by Nic Marks, a world expert in well-being measurement and TED speaker, we’re taking over ten years experience of applied research and turning it into products to help make better workplaces.
About the job
- You’ll be joining a friendly high performing team who are passionate about what they do.
- You’ll be working closely with the CTO building our innovative online and mobile applications.
- You’ll get to work with the latest methodologies and tools.
- You’ll have the opportunity to help develop our product roadmap and shape the company strategy.
- You’ll be able to make a direct impact on the world, making people’s working lives better.
- You need to be self-motivated and enthusiastic about both technology and social science.
- You should be experienced with Ruby on Rails (our backend runs on Rails with PostgreSQL and Redis on AWS).
- You should have experience of writing unit tests and test driven development (we write automated tests for all our code).
- You should understand SQL database design and know how to write and optimise queries.
- You should have experience of Linux server administration.
- You should have an appreciation of good design and high attention to detail.
Ideally you will have one or more of…
- Experience of building Single Page Applications with REST services using React or similar frameworks.
- Experience building mobile apps for either iOS or Android.
- Knowledge of cloud platforms such as AWS.
What we offer
- Salary 50k-60k.
- 30 days’ holiday a year.
- Flexible working hours and locations.
- Choose your equipment.
No recruiters please.
Salary range £50,000 — 60,000
More like this
- Lead UX Designer at Hypit
- Frontend Engineer at 9fin
- Front-end Developer at Sofar Sounds
- Lead Developer at Evermore
- Senior Software Engineer at The App Business
- Experienced full-stack developer at Truly
- Lead Full Stack Developer at Live Better With
- Senior Software Engineer at Prospective
- Senior Full-stack Developer / Tech Lead at Zen Educate
- QA Tester at WeGift