This is an incredibly exciting and rare opportunity to join an ambitious start-up and a growing product development team, recognised as a top 10 UK Rising Star by Tech Nation and a 'Top 100' one to watch by CogX Createch. Having proved out our offering last year with our first versions of the product, getting major clients on board and securing funding, we are now on the look for someone who will help us achieve the exciting goals we have planned for our future.
We offer flexibility on your working location - see Benefits below for more detail.Role Overview
You'll be creating products that help individuals and organisations beat burnout and improve mental wellbeing. This is a unique and formative time to join as you'll be working on new ethically focused innovations being taken to market - putting data, psychology, privacy and human-centered design at the heart of what we do. One of these is a new web app for Okina, our mental wellbeing companion for individuals that employs behavioural science and psychosocial analysis of digital data (such as email, calendar and app usage) to measure and advise on improving your mental wellbeing. The other main project is a new web app for Okina Care, our mental wellbeing analytics platform for employers. We also have various other innovative projects planned for later in the year.
This as a key hire that will play a significant role in helping us to realise our ambition to create a more caring world. With it comes plenty of opportunity to be at the forefront of this space and a leader in technological innovation that has meaningful impact to people's day to day lives. If you're driven, hungry for big problems to solve and a creator of great things - this could be the perfect role for you.Responsibilities
- Work as a proactive member of our self organising, cross functional product development team to define, plan and build features - the team comprises product management, product design, full stack and react native engineering, data science, psychology and QA.
- Participate in architectural and software development activities to build our solutions.
- Design and implementation of low-latency, scaleable, and performant applications
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Build and integration of responsive user-facing elements with server side logic
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Integration of data storage solutions (SQL, NoSQL, key-value stores, etc.)
- Working with and supporting other technical team members.
- Take part in reviewing and optimising the team's processes to ensure we're working at our best.
- Take an active part in us more deeply understanding our customers and input on the innovation and product design process - your valuable experience will be called on when we're ideating and designing the best solutions.
- Pro-activity in suggesting new tools, processes and technologies – anything which will help us continually improve!
- You have experience working in cutting-edge technology environments and a demonstrable track record of delivering a number scalable, robust, successful applications. A good chunk of this experience will have been as a full stack developer.
- You're a highly motivated self-starter with strong organisational, communication and planning skills - especially important at a start up of our size.
- Experience working in a small, self organising Agile team, ideally at a start up. Scrum master experience would be an added bonus.
- You’ve got an eye for design and are capable of pixel perfect implementations. You’ve got opinions on UX formed through experience.
- Experience mentoring or managing other developers is a bonus.
- English fluency required
- Technical skills:
- Solid understanding of web technology & architecture.
- Expert in Python, with knowledge of at least one Python web framework
- Understanding of the differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs desktop, and optimising output to match the specific platform.
- Experience building RESTful APIs
- Experience in modern development patterns such as MVC and ORM.
- Able to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Knowledge of user authentication and authorisation between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Thorough understanding and experience of React.js and its core principles
- Experience of data visualisation libraries would be a bonus
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (such as Git) and workflows
- An advocate of engineering best practices (particularly in regards to testing)
- A knack for benchmarking and optimisation
- Familiarity with AWS and Linux servers.
- Employee share scheme
- £1,000 annual curiosity budget
- Flexi-Fridays - dedicated to help you be at your best, you can choose a 4 day week whenever you want it (no sign off needed) or use Friday's for personal development, deep work or creative projects. No meetings.
- Flexible Working - choose where you want to work (now and in post-COVID-dominated times) - we have base in Bournemouth and London, or you can work remotely. You'll be required to attend in person team meet-up days once or twice each month in Bournemouth or London (travel expenses covered).
- Team away days (COVID-permitting)
- 25 Days Holiday
We exist to create a more caring world.
We are an award-winning intelligent wellness solution provider - helping people and organisations to beat burnout, build resilience and be at their best.
Our product, Okina, helps individuals manage & improve their mental wellbeing via an app alongside an analytics platform that helps organisations to understand wellbeing culture & risk factors at a macro level. We look beyond traditional subjective wellbeing measures to provide insight on more objective digital behavioural and communication data points that shed light on how healthy someone may be living and working. From this, we can provide highly personalised recommendations that feel more relevant and meaningful to help people take action on their mental wellbeing.
Salary range £45,000 — 60,000
Attractive benefits, able to work remote
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- Frontend Engineer at Sporty Group
- Backend Engineer at Sporty Group
- UX / Product Designer at ARKK
- Full Stack Software Engineer at Lollipop
- Work in conservation (with React Native) at Chirp Birding
- Software Engineer (Front End) at VST
- web developer at EQUITY X LTD.
- Lead Golang / Go Developer at Comnoco
- Software Engineer at Huggg
- Product Designer at Easol