Over the next 18 months we will help 2,000 customers find their dream home. We are looking for Full Stack Developer's to join the Unmortgage Dev Team. This isn't going to be a boring job. Buying a home is one of the most life-changing things people ever do. At Unmortgage, we walk this journey with our customers, guiding them through every step. Reporting to Oisin Mulvihill (LinkedIn), you will be developing systems that help facilitate the entire home buying experience, optimising and speeding up the process to make it a truly incredible experience for our customers. Fairness is our core value and drives everything we do. It allows us to balance the home owning aspirations of our customers with our investors' needs for financial security. It also governs how we treat each other. Come build the future of home ownership with us
Who you are
- You have an eye for the details. Not just an appreciation for great design.
- You enjoy learning new things and quickly. You share these with others.
- You have a flare for communication. It will be second nature to you.
- You have worked in a dev team before. Keen to help others with an empathetic approach.
- You seek out feedback. And give it.
- You’re not only a great team player, you also have a pragmatic approach.
- You have ideas and you’re not afraid to bring them to the table.
- You have a love for building out great user experiences. It’s bordering on passion.
The skills you’ll have
- CSS is second nature. You know techniques to ensure cross-browser compatibility.
- Agile environment in a commercial setting is where you thrive.
- Consumer facing, responsive websites are in your repertoire.
- An understanding of TDD and an experienced writer of automated tests.
- Typescript or Flow
- CSS-in-JS libraries (e.g. Glamorous, Styled Components, Emotion)
What you’ll do
- Building out the frontend of our customer experience platform, as well as internal tools. Such as our back office system for managing customers.
- Ensuring that our products are built to be robust and scalable while looking beautiful across browsers and devices.
- Liaising with designers and other key stakeholders to ship features within time frames. Always reasonable, we plan well.
- Contributing to architecture decisions. Could be around API response structures for example.
- Helping out on the backend. We’re a close knit team, we help each other.
How we work
- We hold a daily team stand up every day 10am. There’s almost always coffee, sometimes tea.
- We work in two week sprints from Tuesday to Tuesday. Using the Agile XP story planning game.
- We hold regular demo day sessions on Tuesday afternoons. We enjoy showcasing our work.
- We hold retrospectives at the end of each sprint. We air out how we did and the things we could improve on.
What we offer you
- Salary of £45 - 65k
- Offices right above Bank Tube Station, London
- Your choice of Hardware
- Standing desks and wellness rooms
- Free tea and a barista-staffed coffee bar. Also free.
- Training budget to help you grow
- Free team lunch on Fridays Unlimited holidays. Within reason of course.
Salary range £45,000 — 65,000
More like this
- React & React Native Developer at ev.energy
- Senior Account Executive at Textio
- Growth Manager at Enlitened (part of The Student Room Group)
- Talented Fullstack Ruby Developer at Homeshift
- Head of School Partnerships at ImpactEd
- Software developer at Applied
- Development Operations (DevOps) Specialist at Cambridge Cancer Genomics (CCG.ai)
- Business Development Associate at Dataswift
- Growth and Marketing (Associate!) at Dataswift
- Frontend or Backend Developers at Pirate Studios