** Quick Note** While we appreciate the value you may be able to offer - we insist that recruiters do not contact us. Thanks
We are a new payment option that allows budding travellers to pay for their next holiday trip in monthly instalments. We remove the barrier of affordability for travellers and help travel suppliers convert more bookings, instantly and within their existing websites.
About the role
You’ll be leading our development and product roadmap: writing code, integrating with third parties and working with our travel partners on integrations.
You’ll be involved in making significant decisions for the company. (We have our own ideas, but we're really big on collaboration) You’ll get to work with the rest of the team to build delightful features that span various parts of the system, as well sales and operations to understand and solve our users’ pain points.
We’re looking for someone with strong passion and background in building successful products; you’re prepared to have a key say when it comes to product decisions; you have exquisite attention to detail; and a bonus would be that you’ve worked in the travel/FinTech space - however, this isn’t key for us.
Initially, you’ll begin work as a contractor, to make sure you enjoy working with us and vice versa. Then, if we mutually agree it’s a great fit, you join us as a full-time employee. As the company grows, with your help we’d continue to build a team around you.
- Someone who works fast but more importantly works smart.
- Someone who thinks clearly and communicates well.
- Someone that is always up for learning and becoming better in everything they do.
- Someone that enjoys solving problems, no genuinely - you actually do!
- Someone that loves building things that help people
- Someone that loves the process of taking ideas and turning them into something real
We don’t care about what you’ve studied (or if you graduated from university at all), we don’t care about how many jobs you’ve worked at previously. All we care about is what you’ve built. It’s likely you’ve shipped your own product (or several). You might’ve even started your own business (or several!). We appreciate people who know what it means to graft and hustle. Throughout your life, you’ve succeeded because you tend to stick with things longer than most.
Our Tech stack...
The current app is a classic server-side rendered express app. Our API is hosted on Elastic Beanstalk in a Docker container and the data stored in Postgres We have our continuous integration running the Jest tests and deploys automatically.
We are a very open-minded team willing to try new technologies and we are focused on high-quality code, you’ll be trusted to do what you think is best for the company and the product. Our MVP build is near completion and we need you to lead and continue our development and integrations with our first customers.
- Work closely with a dedicated and ambitious team
- Flat and collaborative structure
- Contribute to making key significant decisions for the company
- Flexible work hours
- Generous equity package
- Amazing workspace in Central London (Piccadilly Circus)
- Help people see the world
- Your work benefits real customers and real users
We’re a growing team based in the Soho area of London and we are looking for a talented engineer to join our family and help us build a great company. If this is you, please get back to me so we can arrange a call to discuss further.
Look forward to hearing back from you.
Salary range £45,000 — 55,000
Includes generous equity package
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- Front end developer at acasa
- Head of Marketing at Makers Academy
- Full-stack developer at vinterior
- Full Stack Developer at Circles
- iOS Developer at Matchesfashion.com
- Backend Rails Developer at acasa
- Back-end developer at Foodchain
- Senior Infrastructure Engineer at WeGift
- React Developer at The Bot Platform
- Backend developer (Ruby) at ThanksBox