We are looking for a Full-Stack Software Engineer Team Lead to join the team to help us build our real-time data analytics platform. We are all about making our target industries more efficient, safer and more sustainable, and a crucial part of that is being able to deliver deep insights in real-time for a vast number of sensors. We're working on some of the largest infrastructure projects in the world, which means generating serious insights from a huge number of sensors in real-time. If that's the sort of challenge you like to solve, read on!
What you'll do:
- Work on our data analytics engine, making it more scalable and flexible for new analyses.
- Build new features and maintain existing ones on our web platform, with which our users interact.
- Help create infrastructure that will allow us to construct deep models of our target industries, and use those models to help make those industries ever more sustainable, safe and efficient.
- Work on our internal tools which enable us to scale as a company, and serve enormous customers across industries and continents.
- Help other team members through peer code reviews and our weekly engineering lunch-n-learns.
We need you to have:
- experience working with databases, especially PostgreSQL;
- working knowledge of functional programming;
- strong attention to detail;
- a desire to build something that can completely revolutionise how someone goes about their job;
- (bonus) contributions to relevant open source projects, e.g. chai, sinon, React, Redux, coap, express, amqplib;
- (bonus) experience with message queuing systems like RabbitMQ;
- (bonus) DevOps experience, especially with Ansible, CI/CD and Docker.
The typical Convergian is:
- generally curious about the world;
- serious, without taking herself too seriously;
- open-minded to any idea;
- willing to change her mind on the basis of the evidence;
- pretty strong-willed.
What working at Converge will be like:
- We are still a small team so there is plenty of scope for a high degree of ownership over different areas of the product, and you will be highly exposed to all areas of the business.
- We consider engineering quality of paramount value and will always look for the most rigorous solution to a problem.
- We do weekly talks by our engineers, normally attended by the whole team.
- We are a very cross-disciplinary team, and come from all sorts of backgrounds and countries (from civil engineering to South-East asian studies, and over ten nationalities represented across the team).
- We are committed to addressing the diversity problem in the tech industry, and that starts with making sure we have a diverse team where everyone feels at home and can contribute as an equal.
- We have several keen cyclists, and offer the Cycle to Work scheme to all our team.
More like this
- Digital marketing manager at Browser
- 😇 Member Manager at Beam
- React developer, and Java Developer at Day Digital
- Customer Success Manager at Rotageek Ltd
- Customer Success Sr. Manager (PM exp. required) at Aha!
- Backend Engineer | Ruby | Junior, Mid & Senior at Cleo AI Ltd
- Sales Manager / Business Development Manager at We Make Websites
- Infrastructure Engineer at re:infer
- Backend Engineer at re:infer
- Front-end Designer at Helical Levity