If you’re a fearless generalist with at least a year of commercial experience who loves working with Django and Python, then this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Beauhurst is on a mission to find and track every ambitious, high-growth business in the UK. Our web platform is the number one source for data on these exciting companies. As we expand our coverage and strive to make our product even more useful, you’ll help deliver new and improved ways of accessing, storing and analysing our data.
You’ll be working alongside a tight-knit, expanding team of Djangonauts to solve some of our big problems:
- Finding and matching up the people associated with high-growth companies to map their networks
- Working on our market leading search tools which allow our customers to ask ever more complex questions of our data
- Better understanding and classifying our users’ behaviour to help target our marketing, account management and development efforts
- Building better and more wide-ranging machine learning classifiers and natural language processing tools for our various data sources
You’ll need at least one year of commercial experience with Python and server-side web development with Django (or equivalent web framework).
On top of that, you'll need:
- Experience with Postgresql or other relational databases
- Above all, you'll need to be a natural problem-solver with a passion for learning.
Bonus points are in order if you have one or more of these:
- Experience with testing (Pytest, Selenium) and continuous integration
- Experience in building and deploying web applications with DockerFamiliarity with Linux and Amazon Web Services (EC2)
Once you’re here, we’re committed to continuing your learning and development. We have a great track record of promoting from within, and if you’re interested in something we'll support you with courses and conferences (e.g. PyCon, DjangoCon, PyData) as well as monthly data science workshops.
We’re thrilled to have launched a substantial options scheme, giving you the chance to share in Beauhurst’s growth and success.
We’re all working hard to achieve our goals but we encourage a healthy working week and are happy to accommodate flexible hours.
Our calendar is full of company events and all our people get a matched pension contribution, season ticket travel loan and a host of other perks - not least the Friday beer and soft drink fridge.
That all sound up your street? Then it’s about time you applied.
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter alongside your CV and links to any online resources to help flesh out your application via our website.
We’ll get back to you about your application ASAP and the process will be:
- A brief initial phone interview (15-20 mins)
- A technical assessment to be completed in your own time (2-3 hrs)
- An in-person interview with members of the development team and other senior employees from across the company (2-3 hrs)
The whole process should take no longer than 2 weeks depending on your availability.
More like this
- Director of Education at Nomad MBA
- Lead Software Engineer - with CTO potential at Grow Biotech plc
- Customer Success Manager at Rotageek Ltd
- Executive Assistant at Lyvly
- Customer Service Executive at Lyvly
- Strategic Business Development Manager at Gravity Sketch
- Software Engineer at Alterest
- Sales Manager / Business Development Manager at We Make Websites
- Infrastructure Engineer at re:infer