At YLD we believe that in the future all companies will be software companies, and we are now seeing this shift taking place across the business world. Do you want to be a part of realising this for our clients, some of the most successful businesses and FTSE-100 companies? Help define the future: today.
About The Role
We are looking for back-end, front-end and full-stack developers with Node.js experience.
You will work on delivering digital transformation projects at FTSE-100 companies, all of them household names, using technologies such as Node.js, React and Kubernetes.
A YLD Software Engineering Consultant is a highly-skilled developer who exemplifies the highest standard in software engineering and enjoys sharing his/her knowledge and experience with others.
You will be expected to work on-site during various customer engagements. Although the vast majority of our customers are in London, you will be flexible about travel.
This role offers the opportunity to work with some of the most talented developers in their respective fields.
YLD is a fast-growing, London-based software engineering consultancy passionate about enabling digital transformations for Enterprise companies.
We are a strong proponent of continuous delivery and rigorous testing practices, and we help our customers move towards modern best-practices with minimal risk. We educate, co-develop, and automate, passing on our expertise to our customers’ development teams in the process.
We hire the best and believe that bringing extraordinary people together produces great results.
YLD have offices in London and Lisbon.
Pair programming, continuous delivery, test driven development, and incremental design should be second nature to you; writing code without tests should be unthinkable.
You have a real passion for software development, having contributed to open-source projects and written or spoken in public about your work. You are an active learner, and a good teacher.
- You are a highly experienced software developer with a consistent record
- Strong command of the English language (both verbal and written)
- Legally able to stay and work in the UK
- Technical competencies:
- Experience in Node.js and React development in production
- A strong focus on continuous integration and delivery
- Strong test focus, experience with latest tooling
- Building high-performance and scalable applications
- A working knowledge of application security, authentication and related cryptography
- Good understanding of design and implementation of RESTful web services
- Knowledge of Agile software development process
- Familiarity with performance monitoring tools
- You can keep a cool-head when debugging production issues
- Problem-solving skills that balance innovation with pragmatic technology choices to solve business needs
- Comfortable working dynamic production environment and take care of client expectations effectively
- Distinct customer focus and quality mindset
- Willingness to travel to be on-site with our customers
- Prepared to speak publicly about your work, and YLD’s work
- An exemplar of YLD’s brand and safeguarder of our reputation
Not For You?
We are also hiring Architects and Software Engineering Consultants. See our jobs page.
We offer the following benefits to permanent employees:
- Private Health care.
- 6 months fully paid maternity and paternity leave.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Minimum of 25 days holiday (excluding Public Holidays).
- Company Pension.
- Company Uber and AirBnb account for business travel.
- £2k yearly allowance for Training/Conferences.
- Fun, challenging and rewarding work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Salary range £45,000 — 70,000
Depending on experience
More like this
- Front End Developer at Skin Analytics
- CTO / Co-Founder at FaultFixers
- Senior Front-end Developer at New Vector
- Engineering Lead & Senior Developers - FinTech at Simply Business
- Creative Technologist/Data Scientist 🤓 at Decoded
- Back-end Engineer at Hero
- Technology Educator at Decoded
- Lead Developer at Tailwise
- Experienced Freelance Full Stack Engineer at Craftship
- Full Stack Developer at Monaco Solicitors