Grapevine is a Machine Learning platform that provides personalized content as a service (SaaS) to travel businesses. Our initial target market is the $1.4tn corporate travel industry, where Travel Management Companies (TMCs) currently lose 80% of hotel booking opportunities and capture little to no 'leisure’ spend. Our ML engine, Marvin uses data from TMCs and then retargets travellers with 'right time, right channel' personalized and bookable recommendations, via a very simple to integrate plug and play solution.
We are a B2B platform (SaaS) and we launched with our first client (a leading UK-based TMC) in Feb 21. We are now in the process of onboarding new clients and will soon roll out multiple in-trip products from airport parking, car hire, fast track security and lounge access to in-destination recommendations such as restaurants, live entertainment, activities and tours. Our goal is to drive $80bn+ in value to the TMC industry alone over the next 5 years.
About the role:
Our business model is essentially a revenue share on incremental bookings, so we will live and die by the quality of our product, recommendations engine and our ability to build trust with business travellers. We’re in the middle of a funding round and with the first capital secured we are in the process of growing the team across data science, engineering and now product.
- Develop a deep understanding of the customer & customer journeys (personas, behaviours etc)
- Define and execute product roadmap to drive more value to our customers and deliver features that our users will love
- Identify and prioritise commercial opportunities
- Build analytics systems, capture customer data (quant/qual), distil and recommend strategies for improvement.
- Build (no/low code) tests, prototypes etc. to validate assumptions before we build
- Write user stories that clearly articulate features and their goals.
- Define metrics for success and failure.
- Hypothesis led A/B testing and fine-tuning to improve engagement rates and conversions.
- Research APIs and data sources that can help us deliver a best in class product
- Research tech solutions (AI/ML) that can help optimise outcomes
- Provide user/client/industry insights and trends to all stakeholders, including clients (dashboards etc.)
- Input into the strategic direction of the business including new revenue channels
- Continual research and implementation of best practices
- You have a technical background or have good technical know-how.
- Minimum 4+ years experience in product management delivering successful and innovative products
- You have prior startup experience
- You are experienced in B2B and SaaS, ideally also B2C.
- Experience in product marketing/growth hacking
- Experience leading and working with tech teams
- You are passionate about customers and solving real-world pain points
- You are able to identify commercial opportunities
- A strong product instinct and data-driven approach to user research and competitive analysis
- Demonstrable experience with data & analytics - Mixpanel, Fullstory, Hotjar, Mysql etc.
- Focused on building a business, not just features
- Experience shipping features across various platforms and technologies
- Fast iteration of product features; implement processes to build, measure, learn
- A leader with excellent communication skills and ability to clearly articulate vision (verbally and visually)
- You live to simplify complex problems, build amazing experiences and grow your product.
- Ability to adapt to different personalities and judge when to listen, build consensus and weigh trade-offs
- A self-motivated team player who enjoys working in a small, high growth, and fast-paced environment
- You approach each challenge with a lean, growth hacker mindset
- Up to date with best practice and proactive with emerging technologies/ market trends
- Technical background with entrepreneurial experience(e.gCS, startup founder, MBA ... )
- Experience in Travel
- Experience with AI/ML
- Experience with Gamification / Rewards
- Comfortable with and experience across both B2B and B2C environments
- An interest in customer psychology
Salary range £55,000 — 80,000
Subject to experience
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- Senior Software Engineer at Hurree
- Solutions Architect at Hurree
- Technical Researcher at Hurree
- API Intergrations Specialist at Hurree
- Senior Backend Developer (Node.js) at Caravelo
- Full Stack Developer at Landscape
- Project Manager Marketing - Growth Hacking at 7pace
- Android Developer at AppLaunch
- Senior full stack developer at PetsApp
- Backend engineer at Everpress