What are we looking for
As an Implementation Engineer at re:infer you’ll be hands-on delivering our secure, scalable and highly-available machine learning platform on cloud and on-site client infrastructure. The role is instrumental in ensuring a smooth and painless deployment for new clients and is key to maintaining a stable and up-to-date deployment with existing clients.
We’re looking for someone creative and self-motivated, driven by solving problems, improving technical processes and willing to get stuck in and get things done.
What you'd be doing
You’ll be working closely with both business and technical staff and a key part of the role is to manage expectations, translate requirements and communicate between teams at re:infer and clients.
You’ll use your technical skills to constantly improve the deployment process, develop tooling, automate tasks and provide ad-hoc solutions to real-time critical and complex problems.
Skills and Experience
- Linux systems administration and management
- Communication of technical concepts to business users
- Understand and prioritise technical requirements
- Liaising with clients, remotely and on-site, during the entire implementation life-cycle
- Experience working in financial services and on-premise clients
- Experience with Docker and familiarity with Kubernetes
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform, Azure or AWS
- Able to document processes and requirements clearly and concisely
- Familiar with design and implementation of HTTP and REST API’s
- Familiarity with high availability cloud systems that deal with robustness, security and disaster recovery
- Python development experience
The backend is a mixture of Python and Rust and consists of many containerized stateless microservices and a few stateful ones. There’s a mixture of interactive and batch services, with many running heavy numerical loads. Everything gets deployed on Kubernetes in Google Cloud Platform.
Additionally we support on premise deployments for our biggest clients (either a private cloud or Docker EE). We use RethinkDB and Elasticsearch for storage and indexing. The frontend is built using Typescript, React, Redux and Webpack.
re:infer was founded by Machine Learning researchers, engineers and entrepreneurs from UCL and Google. We’re a small team of technologists (~ 10 people) motivated by solving the very hard problem of getting machines to understand conversations.
We work in two-week sprints following the best bits of the Agile approach to software development. Our employees benefit from a relaxed, social atmosphere in which they’re free to make use of our open-plan office to discuss ideas, or put their headphones in and find a quiet corner as and when they require. We support flexible working hours and have a generous holiday policy and company pension. Everyone gets their own top-spec laptop and whatever office hardware works for them.
re:infer makes human conversations understood and actionable to machines. We allow our (often non-technical) users to create, manage and deploy state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms against high volume streams of conversational data. Our mission is to make all natural language communication structured, measurable and easily actionable.
re:infer is a B2B SaaS machine learning and analytics platform controlled and monitored via a web UI. We are an early stage startup with significant funding and growing very fast. It is an opportunity to make a major impact at an early stage, to tackle big problems and work towards artificial intelligence with a true grasp of human language.
re:infer’s offices are at Mindspace Aldgate, in the heart of East London.
Salary range £40,000 — 60,000
Dependent on experience
More like this
- Senior Software Backend Engineer at Midnite
- Senior Product Manager at Rotageek
- Head of Web Development at Forward Action
- Digital Marketing Manager (Social / Analytics) at KOTA
- Impact and Partnerships Manager at ImpactEd
- Data Analyst at Zero Deposit
- Head of Product & Technology at Everpress
- iOS and/or Android Developer at Cotham Technologies
- Senior Java developer for smart cities tech team at Hozah
- Junior Front-end Developer at Social Vend