About Cambridge Bio-Augmentation Systems (CBAS):
We are a leading neural engineering startup, creating the open standard hardware and software interface between the human nervous system and machines. Our team uses applied materials, machine learning, neuroscience, and the experience of our clinicians and surgeons to solve the complex problems of successfully integrating bionics into the human body.
Joining CBAS means joining an incredibly talented and motivated group of people who share our vision of pioneering an industry. Team members range from highly talented engineers and developers to experienced clinicians. We have a range of ages, nationalities, and backgrounds working with us, and the team is close to 50/50 female to male ratio. We have a fun and friendly atmosphere but challenge ourselves every day and are committed to the work. You’ll often find us chatting through interesting problems over a coffee or beer at the local Cambridge pub or at our monthly team outings. We are looking for people who will fit into our diverse, fun and stimulating company team culture, who are focused on overcoming challenges, and want to grow along with the company.
Successful candidates will: take incredibly complex problems and work to find elegant, simple solutions work in an open environment; care deeply about changing the way we treat chronic illness and helping to make real world change; and have a desire and belief in achieving the impossible.
We are looking for a junior developer with experience in Python to work on exciting projects for neural engineering applications.
You would work alongside our senior full stack Python developers on delivery of machine learning models in embedded systems, AWS data interfacing with API development and clinician facing dashboards for data display. This will involve the specification, design, development and testing of embedded software for complex medical systems.
· Programming experience in Python with a desire to learn new programming languages
· Have a logical, analytical and creative approach to problems and determining their solution
· Ability to test, debug and maintain programs
· Experience working with two or more from the following: web application development, open source operating environments, distributed/parallel computing systems, data visualisation, information retrieval and/or networking
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent qualification or technical experience
Desired skills and qualifications:
· Experience with software development in a regulated industry (such as medical, nuclear or defense)
· Working knowledge of source control management such as Git
· Understanding of issue management systems such as JIRA
· Experience of working with Agile software development methodologies
· Familiarity with AWS, Trello, Slack
Competitive salary depending on experience. Also includes equity and bonus-based remuneration.
Other benefits include:
- Working on world-changing technology with leaders in the field
- Dynamic, innovative, passionate, entrepreneurial team
- Inclusive company culture
- Flexible hours (outside of core hours)
- Enhanced maternity leave
- Additional employee benefits
Preferred start date: ASAP
Location: Cambridge, UK
Please send a CV and 300 word cover letter to [email protected] to apply.
CBAS is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. All qualified applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Apply for this job or share it
More like this
- Sr Backend Engineer at Cambridge Bio-Augmentation Systems
- Full-Stack/Back-End Python software engineer at www.cancergenomics.co.uk
- Machine Learning Engineer at Klydo
- Technology Educator at Decoded
- Software Delivery Lead at BBOXX
- FULL STACK WEB DEV (first in-house tech employee) at myTamarin
- Engineering Lead & Senior Developers - FinTech at Simply Business
- Full Stack CMS Developer at Mathematics
- Software Engineer at GrowthIntel
- Lead developer for a financial forecasting product at Whitespace Ventures